Calculating Volume of a 100kg Mass in Freshwater

  • Thread starter Thread starter LoveKnowledge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mass Volume
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 10K views
LoveKnowledge
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
1. Your friend of mass 100 kg can just barely float in freshwater. Calculate her approximate volume.



n/a



3. I am confused in how I am supposed to solve this simple problem? Do I need to calculate the average density of fresh water * the 100 kg mass?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


LoveKnowledge said:
1. Your friend of mass 100 kg can just barely float in freshwater. Calculate her approximate volume.



n/a



3. I am confused in how I am supposed to solve this simple problem? Do I need to calculate the average density of fresh water * the 100 kg mass?
Mass = density x volume. Volume = mass/density. Yes, you need to look up the average density of fresh water.