Calculus III or Thermodynamics: Which is the Best Fit for Next Semester?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZenOne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fit Semester
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
ZenOne
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
I have made my schedule for next semester and I am unsure if I should take Calculus III or Thermodynamics (first ME course), my schedule looks like this:

ENGR 213-Applied ODE
ENGR 242-Statics
ENGR 301-Economic Management in Engineering
MECH 211-Mechanical Engineering Drawing
Either ENGR 251-Thermodynaics or ENGR 233-Applied Advanced Calculus for Engineers (Calculus III, basically).

Is taking ODE and Calculus III recommended or would Thermodynamics be a better fit there?

Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Basically 2 heavy physics classes or 2 heavy math classes. Anyone?

*NOTE: I like both subjects equally.
 
I would take thermo this term, calc3 next and PDE after that.
 
That was my leaning--for some reason the idea of calculus 3 and 4 at the same time seems like too much.

How similar is Thermodynamics to E&M because I love physics but I found E&M to be incredibly boring and hard to visualize. I find the topic Thermo to be more interesting, in general, but are the methods used as obscure as E&M?

Thank BTW and thanks in advance for any responses.