Can a Hippie Out-Tool a Trucker in a Tyre Changing Contest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter houlahound
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
70 replies · 7K views
What are these for?

c-N4147051_131428_20140618_46942.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Lace bobbins! For making bobbin lace with.
r12zzz.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia
e.bar.goum said:
Lace bobbins! For making bobbin lace with.
r12zzz.jpg
That's it! :):thumbup::star:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: e.bar.goum
Looks too sciencey for this thread...no fair.

I'm calling a foul ball.
 
houlahound said:
Looks too sciencey for this thread...no fair.

I'm calling a foul ball.
It's still a tool! If you look at the components, it's not too hard to work out the kind of thing it is.
 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkoDanYf1NHnqfq_Y0PEJQnhpyB9zJi_Rb9IZun6tmn-7VrwXSFA.jpg


Hint, mostly worn as a waist belt.

No reverse engineering the images - new rule.
 
houlahound said:
For??
The micro http://www.taylor-hobson.com/products/27/108.html#Micro-Alignment-Telescopes-with-built-in-optical-micrometers2 allows the user to set reference lines of sight for applications such as the alignment and measurement of bearings and bores.
 
Your in the ball park as far equine related...and I meant human waist not horse waist in my hint.
 
Nope...getting colder.

Hint 2. Its mostly worn around a human waist but when its not it is worn on a horse but not around the horse's waist.
 
houlahound said:
Nope...getting colder.
Lol... I don't know, unless it's some part of a safety harness ... :blushing:
 
They are temporary/short duration hobbles to restrict a horses mobility while the rider is dismounted and wants his horse to graze and not get spooked and run off.

Usually while the rider is taking a break.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OCR
Correct, see above post.

Well done, I'm out for a while.
 
houlahound said:
Its mostly worn around a human waist but when its not it is worn on a horse but not around the horse's waist.
Ah, the rider more or less stores the hobbles as a belt around his waist, and takes it off to use as hobbles...?
 
I will have a go. I had to blur out what is cast into the tool as I am afraid it would give it away.

IMG_20161122_163029.jpg
IMG_20161122_163057.jpg
 
Well I don't think it would be a risk of giving it away if I say that it is in fact meant to move two items apart as a jack of course would. However, this device was engineered for a specific purpose and from experience I will say that it does it quite well. Its intended purpose was not to lift things.
 
Pinch bar used for moving railway locomotives and trucks short distances during maintenance ?
 
Nidum said:
Pinch bar used for moving railway locomotives and trucks short distances during maintenance ?
Nope. I will give another clue. I am sure someone on this forum has done the task that this tool is meant to do, only done it the hard way. I will tag my favorite member again. LOL. @jim hardy The tool in the very first image in this thread has likely been used many times to do what this tool is designed for. Not as a chopping operation though.
 
Ahhh!...
...it is in fact meant to move two items apart...
I am sure someone on this forum has done the task that this tool is meant to do...
The tool in the very first image in this thread has likely been used many times to do what this tool is designed for.
It's a bead breaker! ?
 
Last edited:
http://www.dlokka.hommboi.lokka.com/img/photos/1244962657-Beadcheater2.jpg​
 
Last edited by a moderator: