Can a Hippie Out-Tool a Trucker in a Tyre Changing Contest?

  • Thread starter Thread starter houlahound
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
70 replies · 7K views
Ding ding ding! We have the correct answer.
-
Bead buster is actually cast into the tool so I had to blur it out.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OCR
Physics news on Phys.org
Averagesupernova said:
Ding ding ding! We have the correct answer.
-
Bead buster is actually cast into the tool so I had to blur it out.
Lol..... :ok:
 
would never have got that one.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OCR
Averagesupernova said:
What gave it away
The pinched fingers, skinned knuckles, ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OCR
real men don't use a gadget to break the bead.

you either use two tyre levers or put the tyre flat on the ground and run over it with another vehicle a few times.

= real men would never have seen such a device...disqualified.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OCR
Averagesupernova said:
What gave it away @OCR ?
I've used a device like that on big tractor tires, where you don't remove the rim from the tractor... just the tire off the rim.

The breaker I used was powered by air, so your picture wasn't a dead give away... the design of the "foot" in the upper right, picture two helped, so did your clues...
...it is in fact meant to move two items apart...
I am sure someone on this forum has done the task that this tool is meant to do...
The tool in the very first image in this thread has likely been used many times to do what this tool is designed for.
I googled "bead breaker", and found the image I posted...

Tires I used the tool on...

DSCF0565.JPG


DSCF1127.JPG
 
Averagesupernova said:
Try that with these:
Lol... yup, they're 30.5-32 radials... :oldsmile:
 
Reminds me of a stand off I was in loggers versus environmentalists. It was tense and aggressive. One night the hippie's challenged the truckers to a tyre changing contest on a logging truck.

The truckers thought they would win easy. This hippy apparently worked in a previous life as a mechanic assistant.

He beat all the truckers at changing tyres, they couldn't believe it.

Both groups respected each other after that and prolly defused the seething violence that was brewing.
 
Last edited: