Can an admin or something (or me) change my name?

• Thread starter Simfish
  • Start date
In summary, an admin has the ability to change your name for you by accessing the administrative settings. Whether or not you can change your name yourself depends on the platform or system you are using. The time it takes for an admin to change your name can vary and it's best to check with your specific platform or system for a more accurate estimate. Changing your name should not affect your current account or profile, but it's always a good idea to double check with an admin or the platform. Generally, an admin can change your name to whatever you want, but there may be certain restrictions or guidelines in place. It's important to check these beforehand to ensure your desired name is within the guidelines.
Simfish
Gold Member
Hey,

Can someone please change my name just to Simfish? thanks. The reason is because when I want to do a google search (or someone else for that matter), the PF posts of me will be merged along with everything else.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I suspect the simplest thing for you to do is just "re-register" under whatever new name you want.

You can PM 1 of the admins and ask them to do it for you if that's possible!

Yeah, PM Greg, he'll do it...

1. Can an admin change my name for me?

Yes, an admin has the ability to change your name for you. They can do this by accessing the administrative settings and making the necessary adjustments.

2. Can I change my name myself?

It depends on the platform or system you are using. Some systems allow users to change their own names, while others require an admin to do so. It's best to check with your specific platform or system for more information.

3. How long does it take for an admin to change my name?

The time it takes for an admin to change your name can vary depending on the platform or system. In some cases, it can be done instantly, while in others it may take a few hours or even days. It's best to check with your specific platform or system for a more accurate estimate.

4. Will changing my name affect my current account or profile?

In most cases, changing your name should not affect your current account or profile. However, it's always a good idea to double check with an admin or the platform to make sure there won't be any issues.

5. Can an admin change my name to anything I want?

Generally, an admin has the ability to change your name to whatever you want. However, there may be certain restrictions or guidelines set by the platform or system. It's important to check these beforehand to ensure your desired name is within the guidelines.