How can i change my name on PF?

• Thread starter Ajit Kumar
  • Start date
In summary, if you want to change your name on Physics Forums, you must contact a mentor and provide a valid reason for the change. The mentors will then determine if the change is appropriate and if your reason is strong enough to warrant the change.
Ajit Kumar
I want to change my name

Physics news on Phys.org
You cannot change your user name on your own. This is in order to keep user identities fixed and assure that the name is associated to your previous posts on Physics Forums. If you would like to change your name, you therefore need to contact a mentor and give them a valid reason for wanting to change your user name and what you would like to change it to. It is then up to the mentors to decide whether or not this change would be appropriate and if the reason is strong enough to warrant the change.

ok, thanks for your time.

1. How do I change my name on PF?

To change your name on PF, you will need to submit a name change request to the PF administration. This can usually be done through the PF website or by contacting a PF representative directly. Make sure to have a valid reason for the name change and provide any necessary documentation.

2. How long does it take for my name change to be processed on PF?

The processing time for a name change on PF can vary depending on the specific circumstances and the responsiveness of the PF administration. It is recommended to follow up with the PF administration if you have not received a response within a week.

3. Can I change my name on PF to a completely different name?

Yes, you can change your name on PF to a completely different name as long as you have a valid reason and provide necessary documentation. However, keep in mind that some PF platforms have restrictions on name changes, so it's best to check with the PF administration first.

4. Will my previous name still be visible on my PF profile?

In most cases, your previous name will still be visible on your PF profile even after a name change. This is because PF keeps a record of previous names for security and verification purposes. However, you can usually request for your previous name to be removed if necessary.

5. Can I change my name on PF multiple times?

Yes, you can change your name on PF multiple times as long as you have a valid reason and provide necessary documentation. However, keep in mind that frequent name changes may raise red flags and could potentially result in your account being flagged for suspicious activity.