Can any master give me some idea

In summary: I'm not sure what you're getting at, Sporty. If you're talking about the scissors jack used to change a tire, I'm pretty sure that it has a lever that you can use to lower the tire. I'm not sure what you're thinking of as a "reaction force" that would be necessary for this type of mechanism. It sounds like you're thinking about something a bit more complicated than what is necessary for this type of wheelchair lift.Thanks for your reply, and your idea to use a gear or linkage to lift the seat. I think that a gear or linkage system might be the better option, as it would allow the patient to be lifted without having to turn the wheel chair
sporty said:
you are very kind danger. thanks for your advice. and your helpfulness.

It's not so much that I'm kind, as it is that I love an opportunity to both assist someone and exercise my mind at the same time. And believe me, most of my ideas are way off base. I have no education, so everything that I come up with is something that I would do with available tools and supplies. Anything that I've ever built was based upon car parts, typewriters (my favourite), VCR's... I believe that there was part of a goat involved in the last one...
Anyhow, back to the chase...
Rather than using the set-screw situation that I mentioned originally, the main thought was to utilize an over-centre cam with the "follower" built into it. I mentioned the set-screw only to illustrate the point about not needing full thread engagement.
I really am too burned out right now to post any more, but I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Engineering news on Phys.org
thanks a lot Danger, have a nice dreams..

I haven't given up on you, pal... but have also not yet slept. I promise that I will get back to you as soon as I am able. I don't even feel tired, but I know that I am impaired by endorphins and lactic acid. My cozy little bed is very attractive to me right now. I will get back to you.

Jeez, but it's been a while. Sorry... I got sidetracked a lot. Still, I've been thinking on this quite a bit. It suddenly struck me a couple of weeks ago that there might be some way to accomplish the design using roller chains, but I haven't figured it out yet.

i think that u should consider using a mechatronics system for ur purpose. i think this is what is meant by linear actuator in the previous post. To implement this u will need some type of a controller , a electrical motor(actuator) there (are DC Motors , Stepper Motors , Servomotors , u can choose among them depending on their price ,torque, and wether u accuracy is important in ur system , i think for ur application a stepper motor is suitable ), and u will need a switch to activate the system.
now a electrical motor usually outputs a rotational movement so to convert it to linear movement u could use rack and pinion (this is only an idea ).
for controller u could check arduino microprocessors because it is easily to deal with and they provide Pulse Width Modulation signal for the motor.
i hope that i helped