Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
Awwww... so SWEET. :!) I like the way he keeps his tennis ball close by and handy... 
turbo-1 said:My wife got a yearly bonus and she got some idea that she might want to buy Duke a new, comfy bed. He already had 3 beds set up so he can sleep anywhere he wants and he was happy. Anyway, I found this really puffy dog-bed, and we think we have a winner. He loves this bed. He climbs on and turns himself around and the bed just wraps up around him.
BTW, he didn't poop out that tennis ball, and the gray under his chin is a skineeze toy. He likes taking toys to bed.![]()
We love Duke! He is a sweetie. He barks and hops around when he sees people. Not to scare them, although some people get scared if they are not "dog people". If they had a clue, they would would note that his tail is wagging like crazy and his butt is wiggling - he doesn't want to scare them off, he wants them to come and say "hi" and rub his ears.drizzle said:Yeah, I love that dog too. Thanks to turbo and his wife.![]()
When Audrey D'Alessandro and her husband, Sam, walked out of their home on Marco Island, near Naples, Fla., to go fishing, "we saw these two dolphins, and they were splashing and making this big commotion" in a canal behind their vacation home, she said.
Although it is not uncommon to see dolphins swimming through the canal on their way to the Gulf of Mexico, Audrey D'Alessandro said that this time, "they were just there, in one place, splashing water against the canal wall."
When the D'Alessandros went to investigate, they saw that an 80-pound Doberman Pinscher was standing on a sandbar, half-submerged even at low tide. The dog, which disappeared from a nearby home some 12 hours before, was too weak to bark, she added, and could not get back onto land because of a several-foot-high canal wall.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/03/02/dolphins-save-stranded-dog-family-vacation/#ixzz1FpgTRtmT
By the time the nurse lowered herself into the canal to get onto the sandbar, the dutiful dolphins were gone, but her husband called firefighters, who helped Audrey D'Alessandro hoist the dog out of the water. Turbo, who was shaking and unable to stand after being rescued, was quickly reunited with his owner -- who got the happy news while putting up lost-dog posters.
A few days later, a thankful Turbo and his owner made the eight-block trip to visit the D'Alessandros, who have a yellow Labrador of their own.
But Audrey D'Alessandro brushed off the island-wide praise the couple received afterward, saying that while "people pulled up to us when were driving and said, 'You're the couple that saved that dog,' I said, 'Yeah, sure.' But I think it was really those dolphins."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/03/02/dolphins-save-stranded-dog-family-vacation/#ixzz1Fpgit2Lr
turbo-1 said:I'd risk my life for Duke. It might seem silly, but he is very dear to me and to my wife. She needs at least one of us around.
rhody said:Here is an uplifting story from the survivors of the tsunami in Japan,
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703363904576200571710073008.html?mod=googlenews_wsj"
The owners left with their children without untying their two dogs, in haste and I am sure great fear, the, dogs broke loose somehow and took refuge in the upper part of the house that survived. The owners were overjoyed they survived.
Rhody...![]()
If I buy one, you can kill me. I'd deserve it. Duke is already spoiled to death.lisab said:You're going to need one of these, turbo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPIszdcCcc

Believe me, I have tested his restraint pretty thoroughly. Nothing bad is going to happen to my dog! I experimented with threading the shoulder-belt through his chest harness and around him, but that didn't work too well. Luckily, this harness has front and rear D-rings, and with the double-ended leash, I can secure him pretty well. He's not going anywhere.rootX said:His seat belt makes me worry![]()
Between my property and other neighbors' properties, we have miles of trails through the woods. One of my neighbors has a good sand-pit on his property, and a couple of large Ford tractors, so our trails aren't just muddy ruts - they are often wide sand-bedded roads. When his boys were younger, they used to fix up junk vehicles and race them around out there, so they built some pretty demanding/fun roads, some steep, some real curvy, and some very pretty as they wind through birch and pine groves and along streams, including a beaver bog.dlgoff said:Thanks turbo. What a lucky dog...I mean man. For having such a nice ride.
Where's turbo-1? This is the third time he's been late since he bought me this ATV. Where's Jimmy? Oh yeah, he's ignoring me. Where can I get a driver at this hour?turbo-1 said:![]()
Jimmy Snyder said:Where's turbo-1? This is the third time he's been late since he bought me this ATV. Where's Jimmy? Oh yeah, he's ignoring me. Where can I get a driver at this hour?
Duke said:After I paid for the utility vehicle with 4WD AND paid for a driver, why is the driver turning paparazzi on me? I'm not Britney Spears and I never wear underwear anyway! Take me for a ride NOW, you slacker!
turbo-1 said:They both got back in the ATV when I called them (Duke on the seat and Max on the floor) and we rode back home. I thought they were winded, but they both piled out and started charging all over my neighbors' lawns and gardens at full-tilt.
They both love rides, playing tennis-ball fetch, and hanging out together. When we rode back out of the woods with both dogs in the ATV, grinning like fools, my neighbor and his daughter started grinning, too. It's pretty cute. We are really close-knit up here. When my wife gets home today, she's going to start cleaning out one of our chest freezers, so she and Duke can stay in the shade and cool, and my neighbor and I are going to jack up and level my new wood-shed. He's giving me a bunch of concrete pavers, so I can keep the hemlock stringers off the ground.dlgoff said:Good dogs and they're happy you took them out.