Can Earth's Geology Link Climate Change and Earthquake Prediction?

  • Thread starter Thread starter havaliza
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
havaliza
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Here is a question I wish you to help me:

Consider this three statements:
A) It's been seen for granite that when it's in high pressure it gets liquid and a noticeable amount of water egresses from it.
B) Some people say that the altitude of mounts won't be higher than a specific height.
C) Some people are trying to find a way to predict earthquake with changes of whether. It means that earthquake has a specific relation with changes in climate.
Can you find any straight relationship between this statements?​

Could you help me to solve this problem?
BTW sorry for my bad English. I've translated this problem.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
havaliza said:
Here is a question I wish you to help me:

Consider this three statements:
A) It's been seen for granite that when it's in high pressure it gets liquid and a noticeable amount of water egresses from it.
B) Some people say that the altitude of mounts won't be higher than a specific height.
C) Some people are trying to find a way to predict earthquake with changes of whether. It means that earthquake has a specific relation with changes in climate.
Can you find any straight relationship between this statements?​

Could you help me to solve this problem?
BTW sorry for my bad English. I've translated this problem.

Welcome to the PF. What course is this for? Looks maybe to be geology?

What do you think the relationship is between the statements? Why would the height of mountains be limited by something (statement #2)?
 
I think it should be related to physics because I found this problem in a list of physics problems.
 
havaliza said:
I think it should be related to physics because I found this problem in a list of physics problems.

Ok, but what about answering the other questions I asked you?
 
I'll go ahead and take a few questions out of the box (they may or may not be helpful): what is the granite composition of the crust, and how much pressure is exerted along the crust before an earthquake?
 
Last edited: