Can Fractals and 3D Game of Life Coexist?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Alfi
HI all.
Just looking for some ideas or pointers. I wish to pass on an idea to a friend.
I want to look at Platonic shapes in 3D evolving through various iterations.

I've played with pretty fractals and I've played with the 2D and 3D Game of Life games.
both nice diversions :) on a rainy day.
Does anyone know of any papers or sites that have tried to combine the two?


Also. does anyone know how to save a creation in
http://www.cse.sc.edu/~bays/h6h6h6/
and/or
http://www.people.nnov.ru/fractal/Life/Game.htm

Thanks all.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ahhh I'm also looking for pointers. How can I model the stock market using Fractals? XD
 
Good luck with the stock market thing. :)
I try to stay away from stocks and bondage.

I'll look into Wolframs' book 'A new kind of Science'.
*shrug* - It's a place to start. I remember sampling it a few years ago when I was trying to learn matematica.
 
Alfi said:
Good luck with the stock market thing. :)
I try to stay away from stocks and bondage.

I'll look into Wolframs' book 'A new kind of Science'.
*shrug* - It's a place to start. I remember sampling it a few years ago when I was trying to learn matematica.

lol I was joking... I thought there's programs for 3D life fractals. They used fractals in star wars... lol