1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I become a Chemist or Physicist?

1. Mar 27, 2012 #1
    Hi I'm 16 years old. I'm currently in grade 11.

I wanted to know if I could become a Physicist or Chemist with a relatively good understanding of the subjects. In physics I'm trying my best to understand it I had problems with Waves and some parts of Mechanics. I don't understand everything in Physics will gaps be filled in at like the higher level?

For Chemistry I understand practically everything at this level, but I just need to study some more... I like the Inorganic side of Chemistry more than Organic. The calculations are "fun" somewhat xD.

I really want to get a career in Science business and all of those things seems dreadfully boring to me... Also, can I become a scientist even if I suck at English?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2012 #2
    It depends on what you mean by suck. If you can't express yourself well when writing, your career will be limited.

4. Apr 2, 2012 #3
    I mean like in english class when we do comprehension, and something doesn't literally mean the thing it is saying, I usually don't figure out what it is really saying. :(

5. Apr 3, 2012 #4
    Everything is better when you have faith on yourself. nothing is difficult. everything depends on your hardworks. you need to consult a good english teacher. thats it

Admission for Best engineering colleges in punjab online

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook