Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I become a Chemist or Physicist?

1. Mar 27, 2012 #1
    Hi I'm 16 years old. I'm currently in grade 11.

I wanted to know if I could become a Physicist or Chemist with a relatively good understanding of the subjects. In physics I'm trying my best to understand it I had problems with Waves and some parts of Mechanics. I don't understand everything in Physics will gaps be filled in at like the higher level?

For Chemistry I understand practically everything at this level, but I just need to study some more... I like the Inorganic side of Chemistry more than Organic. The calculations are "fun" somewhat xD.

I really want to get a career in Science business and all of those things seems dreadfully boring to me... Also, can I become a scientist even if I suck at English?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2012 #2
    It depends on what you mean by suck. If you can't express yourself well when writing, your career will be limited.

4. Apr 2, 2012 #3
    I mean like in english class when we do comprehension, and something doesn't literally mean the thing it is saying, I usually don't figure out what it is really saying. :(

5. Apr 3, 2012 #4
    Everything is better when you have faith on yourself. nothing is difficult. everything depends on your hardworks. you need to consult a good english teacher. thats it

Admission for Best engineering colleges in punjab online

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook