Can I Become a Research Assistant in Nuclear Physics in Vietnam?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Tuyen
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Hi everyone, I'm from Vietnam ( a developing country as you know ). I have graduated since August 2015. Bachelor's in Physic ( Nuclear Physic).
I joined many social activities and also was a students' leader in my department.
I did 2 researchs during my university.
Now I really want to make my dream true that I can be a research assistant in the field.
Could someone suggest what I have to do next or let me now more if I have to have an IELTS or some of certificates?
Thanks all.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Delong
Physics news on Phys.org
First you absolutely must improve your English.
Second, you should contact Jean Tran Thanh Van and explain your desire.
 
Vanadium 50 said:
First you absolutely must improve your English.
Second, you should contact Jean Tran Thanh Van and explain your desire.

Yeah, there are many Asian students/scientists whose English is not quite good enough, though it has really improved compared to a few years ago. But is PF staff now really preemptively advising any Asian to improve their obviously poor English? I know PF quality has slowly been dropping as the site got bigger, but you have been here for a really long time, though 5 years less than me. Have we really dropped that low?
 
I think he needs to improve his English. Are you arguing what he wrote is good enough to get a PhD?
 
I've got an TOEIC certificate ( 785 ) and also recently done my IELTS band 6.0 course. I think I can read, listen , write and speak quite well. Because I don't have any place to practice my English but those boring practice tests. It there's any condition, Please let me know more. Thanks Everyone.