Can I find every published book from 1980-today on one website?

  • Thread starter Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
StevieTNZ
Messages
1,944
Reaction score
837
Hi there,

Does anyone know of a website that indexes every published book (say from 1980-today), by any publisher, across the whole world, that can be searched through keywords, categories, etc.?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what the standard for inclusion in the library of congress is. I am fairly certain that they do not include everything that is published though they apparently did at one time requiring all persons who applied for copyright to send them two copies of their material. It is still probably one of the most extensive library catalogs in the world regardless.

This is interesting...
http://www.worldcat.org/
Apparently an attempt to catalog all the libraries in the world.
 
MATLABdude said:
Amazon'll

Nice contraction!
 
FlexGunship said:
Nice contraction!

Given how Amazon has become sort of a go-to for product reviews for me, I think all of the parts of speech that apply to Google can apply to Amazon as well!