1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I get into geology with a major in physics

1. May 13, 2015 #1
    I want to get a career in geology but the school I am going to doesn't offer that. I am going because it is close to home and I am playing sports there. Can I get into geology with a major in physics or should I think of another career choice?

2. jcsd
  3. May 13, 2015 #2

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

To the OP:

Does the school you are going to offer a program in geography, with elective courses in physical geography? If so, then I would think that a major in physics with a minor in geography should be able to give you enough background to pursue a career in geology, or quality you for further graduate studies in geophysics.

4. May 13, 2015 #3
    Thank you that was very very helpful

5. Nov 29, 2015 #4
    Even I face the same issue. Right now I am doing B.Sc phy .. but I am highly interested in meteorology and geology. So I wanted to do pg in either of them.. can I get a degree? And what are the job opportunities?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook