Can I observe the atomic orbit with a universe sandbox2?

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty in simulating orbital and electron motor velocity at the atomic level, as well as the challenges in converting static electricity into gravity. It is also mentioned that the distance between an electron and an atomic nucleus is not precisely defined due to quantum effects. It is suggested that a different atomic simulation program may be more suitable for this purpose.
saeho
Can't find a program at my level to simulate orbital or electron motor velocity, so is it possible to use universe sandbox2 to implement the atomic world to confirm the orbit?
It is difficult to convert static electricity into gravity...
It's hard to tell what the distance is between an electron and an atomic nucleus.

If that's not possible, recommend the atomic simulation program you know.

Physics news on Phys.org
saeho said:
Can't find a program at my level to simulate orbital or electron motor velocity, so is it possible to use universe sandbox2 to implement the atomic world to confirm the orbit?
You do realize that electrons do not really orbit the nucleus or even have definite positions, right?

Likes berkeman
saeho said:

No, not at all. Once you get down to the atomic scale, quantum effects become so dominant that classical physics is no longer an accurate way to model things.

saeho said:
It is difficult to convert static electricity into gravity...

It's not only difficult, it's impossible at this time. Or, rather, scientists who have spent their lifetime working on uniting gravity and the other forces have not yet been successful.

saeho said:
It's hard to tell what the distance is between an electron and an atomic nucleus.

It doesn't help that there isn't a single distance. The position of an electron in an atomic orbital is given by an equation called a wavefunction. This wavefunction, instead of giving us a precise answer like it might in classical physics, gives us the probability of finding the electron at some position. Basically, the electron can be found an just about any distance from the nucleus, just with a greatly reduced probability beyond a certain range.

1. Can I observe the atomic orbit with a universe sandbox2?

Yes, you can observe the atomic orbit with a universe sandbox2. Universe sandbox2 is a simulation software that allows you to explore and visualize different phenomena in space, including atomic orbit.

2. How accurate are the atomic orbit simulations in universe sandbox2?

The atomic orbit simulations in universe sandbox2 are based on real scientific data and are highly accurate. However, they are still simulations and may not be 100% accurate in representing the real world.

3. Can I customize the atomic orbit simulations in universe sandbox2?

Yes, you can customize the atomic orbit simulations in universe sandbox2. The software allows you to adjust various parameters such as orbital speed, distance, and trajectory to create your own unique simulations.

4. Are there any limitations to observing the atomic orbit in universe sandbox2?

While universe sandbox2 offers a comprehensive simulation of the atomic orbit, there are some limitations. The software may not be able to accurately simulate very complex or extreme scenarios, and there may be some discrepancies between the simulation and the real world.

5. Is universe sandbox2 suitable for educational purposes?

Yes, universe sandbox2 is a great tool for educational purposes. It allows students to visualize and understand complex concepts and phenomena in space, such as the atomic orbit, in an interactive and engaging way.