Can I Pursue a Masters in Theoretical Physics with a 3 Year BSc?

  • Thread starter Thread starter abhishek99087
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Bsc Masters Year
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
abhishek99087
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
hello friends, i am an indian student with a 3 year BSc in physics interested in pursuing research in theoretical physics. I want to do masters from abroad. What are the countries/universities which recognise a three year bachelors degree? please guide...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
OK! So now, i passed my BSc (physics) examination in april 2013 with a good 79%. With a good enough TOEFL/IELTS score will i get admission into a good university in the UK or are their any additional requirements. I have no previous research experience as such.
 
Last edited:
I don't know exactly how that translates into the degree classification that is used over here. But it sounds like you'd be pretty close to having a 1st.

Yes, you will need to show that you have a proficient level of English to study over here - But from the way that you're writing, I think that will be easy for you.

As for research, most undergrad students don't have any experience in research either apart from a final year project.

I hope it all goes well for you.