1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I take Physics B, or shouldn't I?

1. Nov 13, 2011 #1
    Now, before we go anywhere, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. If so, can someone direct me as to where it should be.
    I'm currently in middle school/high school education level. (Early 9th, but have yet to learn anything new, so....). I do love physics and mathematics, and they're a passion of mine. Our school required biology in freshman year, so no physics. However... my sister took physics last year. I opened her book, and frankly, the problems were all ridiculously easy. I'm not ego talking here, but after everything I studied, they were simple. It makes me wonder now, should I skip directly to AP Physics B? ALthough it was never taught, I know trignometry (I taught myself for vectors), and differentiation (this is fairly low level, but I can differentiate polynomials, products, division, etc....).
    I've had a lot of negative feedback upon asking my relatives, who have said "Oh, it'll be far too difficult!" However, with my current knowledge, I'm fairly sure I can do it.
    Obviously though, I want a second opinion before going anywhere. I'm pretty sure everyone here is probably way better than me when it comes to physics, so they probably have a better idea than me of what physics B entails (as I've seen our school's physics A/Honors physics book already). Do you guys feel that I could do it?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2011 #2
    Physic B isn't that hard. If you are interested in physics take it. The class gives you a little taste of a bunch of different topics in physics which will be help when you go to college. Now if you school offers physics C take that one. If you know how to take a derivative and integrate the mechanics part on the physics C test would not be to hard to challenge the test after taking physics B.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook