Can Magic Squares be Applied in Mathematical and Scientific Research?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter pallidin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Magic Science Squares
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
pallidin
Messages
2,207
Reaction score
3
Greetings,

I'm curious if "magic squares" have been found to be useful in mathematical or scientific endeavors apart from an "oddity" or "game"
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hello there!
I'm from Lahore - Pakistan. I've recently discovered a unique relationship between simple Arithmetic Sequence and Magic Squares & Cubes. I've also developed 3D models of that, too.
Magic Sqaures are basically a simple 2 Dimensional Arithmetic Sequence.
Now look at this smallest pattern of 3x3.

6 7 2
1 5 9
8 3 4
The summation of any horizontal, vertical line or either of the two main diagonals is 15.
Mathematically

n/2[2a+(n-1)d]
Sn= -------------------
Total no. of squares
Contact me if you like on me email address & I'll try to elobarate on this.
Thanks.
Qaiser Raza
Lahore - Pakistan
email : htc_leo_786@yahoo.com
 
Qaiser Raza said:
...
Contact me if you like on me email address & I'll try to elobarate on this.
Thanks.
Qaiser Raza
Lahore - Pakistan
email : htc_leo_786@yahoo.com

This looks like some kinds of advertising to me. :biggrin: :devil:
 
Qaiser Raza said:
Hello there!
I'm from Lahore - Pakistan. I've recently discovered a unique relationship between simple Arithmetic Sequence and Magic Squares & Cubes. I've also developed 3D models of that, too.
Magic Sqaures are basically a simple 2 Dimensional Arithmetic Sequence.
Now look at this smallest pattern of 3x3.

6 7 2
1 5 9
8 3 4
The summation of any horizontal, vertical line or either of the two main diagonals is 15.
Mathematically

n/2[2a+(n-1)d]
Sn= -------------------
Total no. of squares
Contact me if you like on me email address & I'll try to elobarate on this.
Thanks.
Qaiser Raza
Lahore - Pakistan
email : htc_leo_786@yahoo.com
You formula is meaningless if you don't tell us what n, a, and d are!