Can rest and warmth prevent COVID-19 from worsening in the lungs?

  • Topic: COVID 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Vrbic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Covid-19 Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Vrbic
Messages
400
Reaction score
18
TL;DR
What techniques can help effectively help to cure (or shorten cure) "lung Covid-19"?
Let's say, I have a moderate course of Covid-19 in my lungs. I suppose, if I will not be warm and calm, it is possible Covid can change to a worse course and spread more in my body. Is it true?
But what can I do extra to avoid spreading in my bode or prevent irreversible damage of my organs if I have a moderate course?

Thank you for your advice.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Your best bet is to get plenty of rest and stay hydrated. There are no other clearly effective treatments that you can administer to yourself at home as far as I know. There are no magic cures, and no amount of different vitamins or supplements will significantly alter your outcome for the better (but they could absolutely put you worse off). Even hospitals mostly have to let your body fight the disease off by itself, with most treatment aimed at countering the symptoms, not curing you.

As with all diseases, you should consult with your doctor and listen to their advice. Internet 'doctors' do not count.
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Rev. Cheeseman, DaveE and Vrbic
Drakkith said:
Your best bet is to get plenty of rest and stay hydrated. There are no other clearly effective treatments that you can administer to yourself at home as far as I know. There are no magic cures, and no amount of different vitamins or supplements will significantly alter your outcome for the better (but they could absolutely put you worse off). Even hospitals mostly have to let your body fight the disease off by itself, with most treatment aimed at countering the symptoms, not curing you.

As with all diseases, you should consult with your doctor and listen to their advice. Internet 'doctors' do not count.

I understand. And what about "sweated", similarly as during the flu.
 
I've never heard of that being a legitimate medical treatment, so I would be very skeptical. A great many of the treatments we're taught at home are nonsense.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Vrbic
Whether or not you are Covid positive - if you have fever and trouble breathing (like short of breath) or a lot of coughing, you must see a physician. Period. The End.

Usually there is a register of Covid positive tests maintained your local government. The report your physician sends to the health department helps everyone. And you. It gets you a fast ticket into intensive care if you need it. It may be used for contact tracing as well.

Early treatment (therapy) is always preferable and generally improves outcomes substantially.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Vrbic