Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can some one teach me Differential Equations?

1. Mar 20, 2014 #1
    I would like to learn this. Can someone teach me? The things like δy22x and solving for x and y. :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2014 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

There are thick books on the subject.

And they cover only introductory material...

4. Mar 20, 2014 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

"Introductory Differential Equations" would be at least a semester course. "Differential equations" in general should require several courses. I don't know what you mean by " The things like δy2/δ2x and solving for x and y." Did you mean [itex]d^2y/dx^2[/itex] or [itex]\partial^2y/\partial x^2[/itex]? Those are from Calculus and you should have completed Calculus before you attempt Differential Equations. Have you taken Calculus?

5. Mar 20, 2014 #4

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes, someone can teach you DEs, but not here at PF. This is not a tutoring service.

6. Mar 20, 2014 #5

PeroK

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

7. Mar 25, 2014 #6
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Did you learn it?

8. Mar 25, 2014 #7
    Yes, and no, but I can integrate and differentiate.
    I meant [itex]d^2y/dx^2[/itex]

9. Mar 25, 2014 #8

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I barely licked the surface, so long ago I can safely state I don't remember anything.

But asking people to TEACH you something like that is a horribly wrong approach. Nobody here is going to spend their time teaching you. But if you start on your own, they will be able to help if you get stuck.

10. Mar 25, 2014 #9
    Differential equations is probably the most studied area of applied mathematics (and maybe pure mathematics), one can spend an entire life time studying differential equations.

11. Mar 26, 2014 #10
    Oh! Really? oops... How about "Differential Equations for Dummies"?

12. Mar 26, 2014 #11
    oh dear...:zzz: I might just see how it works or maybe study it for several weeks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook