Can someone talk about creator?

• Thread starter Alpharup
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the policy on discussing religious topics on a science forum and whether it can lead to termination. The global guidelines state that religious discussions should not attempt to prove or disprove well-established theories and should be primarily focused on science. Philosophical discussions can be difficult to evaluate and are better suited for other forums dedicated to such topics.
Alpharup
Can someone talk about god/creator and get terminated? Physics forums clearly mentions that it does not want members to discuss philosophy. Is discussing about god( even in 'Science fiction and fantasy' section) a philosophy? If so, does it lead to termination?

Note; Please don't terminate me if I violated this forum rules in this post..:biggrin: I just want to be informed.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you seen our "global guidelines"? If not, click on Site Info at the top of this page and choose Rules & Guidelines. Two sections describe our policy on religious topics: (1) one of the bullet points under Discussion Guidelines near the top, and (2) a whole section labeled Religious Discussion under General Content Guidelines further below.

jtbell said:
Have you seen our "global guidelines"? If not, click on Site Info at the top of this page and choose Rules & Guidelines. Two sections describe our policy on religious topics: (1) one of the bullet points under Discussion Guidelines near the top, and (2) a whole section labeled Religious Discussion under General Content Guidelines further below.

Thanks. I read it carefully. So, by the guidelines, I can discuss some topics but it should not be discussed in such a way that it connects(tries to prove or disprove) well proven theories. Am I right?

My take on this is that, it has very little to do with a science discussion. This is primarily a science site with the goal and intent to help people understand science.

Philosophical discussions tend to be varied and difficult to evaluate the merit of argument.

1. Can someone prove the existence of a creator?

There is no scientific evidence or proof of the existence of a creator. This is a question that falls outside the realm of science and into the realm of religion or philosophy.

2. How did the universe and life come into existence if there is no creator?

The origin of the universe and life is a topic that is still being studied and researched by scientists. The current leading theory is the Big Bang, which suggests that the universe began as a singularity and expanded rapidly. As for the origin of life, there are various hypotheses and theories, such as abiogenesis, which suggests that life can arise from non-living matter through natural processes.

3. Is it possible for a creator to exist outside of time and space?

Again, this is a question that falls outside of the realm of science and cannot be answered through scientific means. The concept of a creator existing outside of time and space is a philosophical and theological idea that cannot be proven or disproven through scientific methods.

4. If there is a creator, why is there suffering and evil in the world?

This is known as the problem of evil and has been a topic of discussion and debate for centuries. There is no simple answer to this question, but some theories suggest that suffering and evil are a necessary part of the human experience and can lead to personal growth and development.

5. Can science and religion coexist when discussing the concept of a creator?

Yes, science and religion can coexist and are not mutually exclusive. While science seeks to understand the natural world through empirical evidence, religion focuses on faith and belief in a higher power. Many scientists are also religious and see no conflict between their beliefs and their work in the scientific community.