Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can someone talk about creator?

1. Aug 8, 2013 #1
    Can someone talk about god/creator and get terminated? Physics forums clearly mentions that it does not want members to discuss philosophy. Is discussing about god( even in 'Science fiction and fantasy' section) a philosophy? If so, does it lead to termination?

Note; Please don't terminate me if I violated this forum rules in this post..:biggrin: I just want to be informed.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2013 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Have you seen our "global guidelines"? If not, click on Site Info at the top of this page and choose Rules & Guidelines. Two sections describe our policy on religious topics: (1) one of the bullet points under Discussion Guidelines near the top, and (2) a whole section labeled Religious Discussion under General Content Guidelines further below.

4. Aug 8, 2013 #3
    Thanks. I read it carefully. So, by the guidelines, I can discuss some topics but it should not be discussed in such a way that it connects(tries to prove or disprove) well proven theories. Am I right?

5. Aug 8, 2013 #4
    My take on this is that, it has very little to do with a science discussion. This is primarily a science site with the goal and intent to help people understand science.

Philosophical discussions tend to be varied and difficult to evaluate the merit of argument.

6. Aug 8, 2013 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook