Can someone point me in the right direction?

• Thread starter Claude DeBris
  • Start date
In summary, Claude is a comedy writer looking for educated answers about space travel, FTL, and room temp superconductors for a writing project. They have not been able to find a suitable forum or message board, but have been directed to a special forum for Science Fiction and Fantasy writing by Mentor. Claude also asks if Mentor is the same one from "Grey Lensman."
Claude DeBris
Hello! I am not a physicist, I am a writer. Comedy to be specific. I joined up here to see if there's a possibility of getting a few educated answers about something I am writing. I want the technology to be real. After roaming around for a while, I haven't been able to find a forum/thread that would allow me to ask these questions.

Does one exist on this site? If not, can someone point me to a message board where I can ask some questions about space travel, FTL, and room temp superconductors to some people that know more about them than I do?

Thanks very much,

Claude

Likes 1oldman2
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Welcome @Claude DeBris , we have a special forum just for Science Fiction and Fantasy writing - https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/writing-and-world-building.220/
Evo said:
Welcome @Claude DeBris , we have a special forum just for Science Fiction and Fantasy writing - https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/writing-and-world-building.220/
Thanks very much, Mentor. By the way, are you the Mentor from "Grey Lensman" or a different mentor?

Claude

Claude DeBris said:
Thanks very much, Mentor. By the way, are you the Mentor from "Grey Lensman" or a different mentor?

Claude
Just a Mentor here. :smile:

1. What does "pointing someone in the right direction" mean?

"Pointing someone in the right direction" means providing guidance or assistance to help them find the correct path or solution to a problem.

2. Why is it important to ask for someone to point you in the right direction?

Asking for someone to point you in the right direction can save you time and effort in trying to find information or solve a problem on your own. It can also help you avoid potential mistakes or incorrect information.

3. Who can I ask to point me in the right direction?

You can ask anyone who has knowledge or expertise in the subject or topic you need help with. This could be a colleague, a mentor, a teacher, or a subject matter expert.

4. How do I know if I am being pointed in the right direction?

You can know if you are being pointed in the right direction by evaluating the guidance or assistance you receive. Does it align with your goals and objectives? Is it based on reliable information? Is it helping you make progress towards your goal?

5. What should I do if the direction I am pointed in does not work?

If the direction you are pointed in does not work, you can ask for clarification or further guidance. It is also helpful to seek a second opinion from another source to ensure you are on the right track.