1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can undocumented students apply for private student loans?

Tags:
  1. Oct 16, 2013 #1
    Can undocumented students get private student loans? I'm a senior and I want to apply to colleges but don't know what college is best for me. I'm applying to MIT, Boston University, MSOE, Worcester Polytechnic Institute. But can someone recommend me a few other no loan colleges that have strong programs in electrical engineering and physics? And if the scholarships I get aren't enough, then how can I get private student loans? (I'm undocumented, therefore, not eligible for FAFSA.)

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2013 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You need professional legal advice.

Colleges receiving federal aid - which is 99.99% of them - are required to report to the federal government all their international students. That's you. Yes, there are a large number of "what ifs", which is why you need professional legal advice.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook