Can we copy and distribute insight articles?

• Thread starter houlahound
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the sharing of articles and the potential risks of copyright infringement or physical harm. The idea of printing out articles and physically sharing them is suggested as a way to increase engagement and add value. The speaker also mentions the preference for hard-copy materials, and provides a link to an article they would like to share, acknowledging the need for permissions from the author.
houlahound
If we give them out for free in printed form? Some great things to share but I don't want to be sued or punched in the nose.

All acknowledgments to authors of course.​

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not share the link address? :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
Why not share the link address? :)
will do for sure.

reality is ime people are more likely to engage something if they know someone has bothered to download an article, print it and hand it to them. adds some kind of psychological value.

every day our accounts are full of links that someone thinks are super awesome - I suspect few ever get clicked, I sure ignore most links I get sent.

maybe I am just used to dealing with old people, the hard-copy is still the preferred medium.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. Can we legally copy and distribute insight articles?

This depends on the terms of use set by the publisher or author of the insight articles. It is important to check for any copyright or licensing information before copying and distributing.

2. Do we need to obtain permission before copying and distributing insight articles?

In most cases, permission is required before copying and distributing insight articles. This can usually be done by contacting the publisher or author directly and obtaining their consent.

3. Are there any limitations to copying and distributing insight articles?

Yes, there may be limitations such as the number of copies or distribution methods allowed. These limitations should be outlined in the terms of use or through direct communication with the publisher or author.

4. Can we make changes to the insight articles before copying and distributing them?

Again, this depends on the terms of use or the permission granted by the publisher or author. In most cases, any changes made to the articles should be clearly noted and attributed to the original source.

5. Are there any consequences for not following the guidelines for copying and distributing insight articles?

Yes, there can be legal consequences for not following the guidelines set by the publisher or author. It is important to respect their intellectual property and adhere to any restrictions or permissions granted.