Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can we set up CDF document embedding here?

1. Aug 25, 2011 #1
    Can we embed computable document format files from Mathematica to the forum here? Would be nice don't you guys think? Mathematica has the free CDF player and I understand it's possible to embed CDF files in any web page. Here's the demo from Mathematica if this would be something the adminstrators would be interested in looking into:

http://www.wolfram.com/cdf/adopting-cdf/authoring-cdf/

For example, consider the log branch plot below. It's difficult for students to understand branching in Complex Analysis. However, having the ability to rotate that plot interactively, provides what I think is a great tool to better understand this concept. But the plot is static below and not very helpful as it stands.

It's easy to create CDF files in Mathematica. However, when I attempt to attach a sample CDF file here, I get an invalid file error.

Just think it would be a classy addition to the forum if it's possible.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2011 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

We'll look into it.

4. Aug 26, 2011 #3

Dale

Staff: Mentor

I would take advantage of this also.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook