Can wrist braces help with insomnia?

• Thread starter franznietzsche
  • Start date
In summary: I don't remember what the hearing was about.It was about a zoning change for my neighbor's house. I don't live near them, so it didn't affect me. But I do live near a school, so it might affect future students.In summary, these people are experts on sleep and insomnia. They share their experiences and opinions on the matter.

Do you have Insomnia?

• Yes, now tell me more about this sleep you speak of...

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Zzzz.....

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Smurf said:
We go far back? were you that shady character in bed with my mom when I was 6? She really liked that massage you gave her.

That was me, its my standard seduction technique. I'd be happy to show it to you, for a price.

Physics news on Phys.org
honestrosewater said:
Florida. It's Eastern Standard Time.

What is this stupid 30 second rule? And did editing this post throw you off?

ONly one post per 30 seconds, but I'm moving in hypertime (read: mucho mucho coffeess) and so am posting faster than it will let me.

Well, three's a crowd... have fun.

naw franz, We already settled this, don't you remember? We agreed that my seduction techniques are infinitly superior to yours..
The insomnia must be getting to you your losing your short term memory.

franznietzsche said:
ONly one post per 30 seconds, but I'm moving in hypertime (read: mucho mucho coffeess) and so am posting faster than it will let me.

hence the inproper capitalisation and lack of spaces in assorted posts.

franznietzsche said:
Okay... this time I'm really leaving. Have fun.

Smurf said:
naw franz, We already settled this, don't you remember? We agreed that my seduction techniques are infinitly superior to yours..
The insomnia must be getting to you your losing your short term memory.

Exactly short term memory.

But long term memory is superb, and my seduction technique worked better on your mother than yours...oh wait...this would be a good thing. Victory for me?

I can't sleep when my mind is working too hard, which it is right now. Buzzing about economics, politics, history, girl.
You know how it is.

franznietzsche said:
Exactly short term memory.

But long term memory is superb, and my seduction technique worked better on your mother than yours...oh wait...this would be a good thing. Victory for me?
You forgot, I slept with your wife.
Victory for me?

edit: Stupid 30 second rule.

Smurf said:
You forgot, I slept with your wife.
Victory for me?

edit: Stupid 30 second rule.

I have no wife, so you slep with no one!

Victory for me.

:approve:

honestrosewater said:
bye babe, sweet dreams.

franznietzsche said:
I have no wife, so you slep with no one!

Victory for me.

:approve:

you spelled slept wrong.
Victory for me!
o:)

Edit: I HATE THAT RULE

honestrosewater said:

Laterz. Sleep well, avoid nightmares.

Smurf said:
you spelled slept wrong.
Victory for me!
o:)

Edit: I HATE THAT RULE

BWA! You fell into my trap, i reallt spelled slap wrong!

Victory for me!

BUT, you failed to point out that I forgot to capitalize my Y on you, thus I win by default.

Victory for me!

Smurf said:
BUT, you failed to point out that I forgot to capitalize my Y on you, thus I win by default.

Victory for me!

my Y on you?

jigga-what?

J not capitalized on "Jigga-what?"
Ka-Boom!
(I win)

Smurf said:
J not capitalized on "Jigga-what?"
Ka-Boom!
(I win)

D'oh!

franznietzsche said:
D'oh!

That smiley is far too energetic for how i actually feel. Hyper, but exhausted. Its a bizarre feeling, kinda like vertigo, but less trippy.

I'm going to bed. See you in 5.

Minutes, or hours?

You both falsely assumed I was going to bed. I win.

Meh, this insomnia thread almost made it too 100 posts, that's my deed for the night.

And so far, 100% of people still have insomnia

Only eight people in the sample? What kind of poll is is this? Answer people! Get out the vote!

80% to 20%.

We're losing our standing.

But its still a landslide victory. I tihnk this is a mandate for our late night fully random thread jacking for a few pages on every thread we see. Same time tonight/tomorrow morning?

I don't know man i got school tomorrow.

franznietzsche said:
But its still a landslide victory. I tihnk this is a mandate for our late night fully random thread jacking for a few pages on every thread we see. Same time tonight/tomorrow morning?
Aha! So, this is a cold blooded premeditated late night thread highjacking plot!

Well we have to start somewhere don't we? You don't expect me to take over the world over night, we're starting with internet threads and working our way up.

Smurf said:
I don't know man i got school tomorrow.

I got class in the morning too, but its not like my insomnia cares. Ihad class this morning, 1 hour of sleep. So much coffee. I love Julian's. Greatest on campus place ever.

OUr marign of victory is even higher now, 7:1. This is a victory even reagan never could have deramed of!

NOTE: THis thread made it to 100 posts in less than 24 hours. I just felt like this was an achievement, even if its not.

Last edited:
Yeah, I added to the insomniac sum. I'm not a regular insomniac, since I've been up until about 5 AM the past few nights, I'm more like an insomniac than a normal sleeper. I just need to keep moving west.

Moonbear said:
Yeah, I added to the insomniac sum. I'm not a regular insomniac, since I've been up until about 5 AM the past few nights, I'm more like an insomniac than a normal sleeper. I just need to keep moving west.

That gives me a great idea on living a 30 hour day! See if i just get on a plane and fly six time zones west in every proper day, i will experience a 30 hour day. And i think that should be long enough to math my circadian rhythm. If its not, i could just go for the 32 hour day. That would be great, then each day would be long enough to get everything done!

franznietzsche said:
That gives me a great idea on living a 30 hour day! See if i just get on a plane and fly six time zones west in every proper day, i will experience a 30 hour day. And i think that should be long enough to math my circadian rhythm. If its not, i could just go for the 32 hour day. That would be great, then each day would be long enough to get everything done!

There is a real disorder like that...delayed sleep phase disorder, where circadian rhythyms are quite a bit longer than 24 hours. It's not as common as advanced sleep phase disorder, where people wake up ridiculously early in the morning. If you choose a career in academics, we're very tolerant of odd sleep/wake schedules, especially those of us in labs that study circadian biology (not my main interest, but I work in a lab that does circadian work too). But, it's not a disorder if it's caused by stuff like drinking too much coffee. When you have your winter break, try cutting out the coffee and see if you can start sleeping again...harder to try giving up the caffeine addiction while you're still taking classes.

Moonbear said:
There is a real disorder like that...delayed sleep phase disorder, where circadian rhythyms are quite a bit longer than 24 hours. It's not as common as advanced sleep phase disorder, where people wake up ridiculously early in the morning. If you choose a career in academics, we're very tolerant of odd sleep/wake schedules, especially those of us in labs that study circadian biology (not my main interest, but I work in a lab that does circadian work too). But, it's not a disorder if it's caused by stuff like drinking too much coffee. When you have your winter break, try cutting out the coffee and see if you can start sleeping again...harder to try giving up the caffeine addiction while you're still taking classes.

I don't think its a disorder, not entirely(in my case i mean). Its not just coffee. I really hate being asleep. Even without coffee i just naturally try to drag out my waking hours as long as possible, and minimize sleep time.

Yes, sleep is a horrible waste of time.

Moobear, do you know if anyone is trying to find a way to get all the benefits of sleep (whatever they may be) while still staying conscious?