Can You Calculate Lift Force for a RC Quad Rotor Helicopter?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 9K views
ukesh
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Hello!
I'm planning to start a project to design a RC controlled quad rotor helicopter. If it works out well I have an idea of making it autonomous. So first thing is that I want to know how to calculate the lift force from a single motor ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Motors don't generate lift, rotors do. :wink:

It's easier said than done, so I would suggest you do this experimentally and/or using performance data from RC manufacturer websites.
 
Cyrus said:
Motors don't generate lift, rotors do. :wink:

It's easier said than done, so I would suggest you do this experimentally and/or using performance data from RC manufacturer websites.

Thanks for correcting me:smile:
What is the experimental procedure? Or can u point me to websites containing this data? I tried searching but I ended up with only RC planes stuff.
 
ukesh said:
Thanks for correcting me:smile:
What is the experimental procedure? Or can u point me to websites containing this data? I tried searching but I ended up with only RC planes stuff.

http://www.aerodyndesign.com/ANALYSIS/ANALYSIS.htm" . Check out the Excel file link after the "Helicopter Performance Analysis" section. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator: