Can you Convert these units?

1. Aug 26, 2013 #1
    Dear reader,

I thought I was getting the hang of converting units but came across a thermal conductivity value and the unit was given in:
    BTU/hr-ft-R :eek: I assume the 'R' means 'Rankine'.

I want to convert to the SI unit for Thermal Conductivity:
    W/(m·K)

Any ideas? Or if you know where to find the Thermal Conductivity of refrigerant R-134a at 60.29degs C please let me know ;).

Thank you

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2013 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. Aug 26, 2013 #3
    Excellent Thank you very much, have saved that Common conversion factors pdf as well.

Thermal Conductivity was the last piece to this small puzzle and couldn't do anything til I found that.

5. Aug 26, 2013 #4

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

No worries - note: often all you need to do is google the units you want to convert ;)

6. Aug 26, 2013 #5
    cheers, I did google it but not in the format you type it and got bad results,, Good thing is I know to use that format you have used. Funny, what ever way i type it in Google now it knows what I mean :D

7. Aug 26, 2013 #6

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I copied and pasted your format into the searchbar - though google has learned the sorts of results I like so maybe that accounts for it. I often do that when I'm not sure what's intended.

The format in post #2 was copied and pasted from the Common Conversions PDF :)

8. Aug 31, 2013 #7
  9. Aug 31, 2013 #8

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

@cpchristenson: welcome to PF.
    Nice heads up and first post.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted