Can you Convert these units?

1. Dear reader,

I thought I was getting the hang of converting units but came across a thermal conductivity value and the unit was given in:
    BTU/hr-ft-R :eek: I assume the 'R' means 'Rankine'.

I want to convert to the SI unit for Thermal Conductivity:
    W/(m·K)

Any ideas? Or if you know where to find the Thermal Conductivity of refrigerant R-134a at 60.29degs C please let me know ;).

Thank you

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Simon Bridge

Simon Bridge 15,261
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

1 person likes this.
  4. Excellent Thank you very much, have saved that Common conversion factors pdf as well.

Thermal Conductivity was the last piece to this small puzzle and couldn't do anything til I found that.

5. Simon Bridge

Simon Bridge 15,261
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

No worries - note: often all you need to do is google the units you want to convert ;)

6. cheers, I did google it but not in the format you type it and got bad results,, Good thing is I know to use that format you have used. Funny, what ever way i type it in Google now it knows what I mean :D

7. Simon Bridge

Simon Bridge 15,261
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I copied and pasted your format into the searchbar - though google has learned the sorts of results I like so maybe that accounts for it. I often do that when I'm not sure what's intended.

The format in post #2 was copied and pasted from the Common Conversions PDF :)

8. Simon Bridge

Simon Bridge 15,261
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

@cpchristenson: welcome to PF.
    Nice heads up and first post.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted