dmn509 Messages 1 Reaction score 0 Thread starter May 8, 2017 #1 I need help in solving this problem. Below shows all the measurements of the diagram, I need to find x:View attachment 6590 Attachments Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 21.41.32.png 2.2 KB · Views: 121
I need help in solving this problem. Below shows all the measurements of the diagram, I need to find x:View attachment 6590
MarkFL Gold Member MHB Messages 13,284 Reaction score 12 May 8, 2017 #2 For a circular sector of radius $r$, subtending angle $\theta$, the arc-length $s$ is given by: $$s=r\theta$$ Can you apply this formula to get two equations in $x$ and $\theta$? Or, we can use similarity to equate the ratio of radius to arc-length for both sectors. ;)
For a circular sector of radius $r$, subtending angle $\theta$, the arc-length $s$ is given by: $$s=r\theta$$ Can you apply this formula to get two equations in $x$ and $\theta$? Or, we can use similarity to equate the ratio of radius to arc-length for both sectors. ;)