Can You Identify the Unknown Compound in this Mass Spectrometry Spectrum?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kloji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chemistry Mass
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Kloji
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Hi. I'm trying to understand some of the peaks shown in this spectra:http://sdbs.db.aist.go.jp/sdbs/cgi-bin/direct_frame_top.cgi

The Attempt at a Solution



I do see why 86 would be the base peak, give the clear loss of CH3COO. However, because the rest of the peaks are relatively weak, I have no idea how to get a possible structure from it (I know it's already solved, but I want to know how could I do it). . I know it has nitrogen, but.. what else?

The at 58 m/e is the one that confuses me the most, because it is the second highest peak and I don't know how I could get that fragment given the structure.
methyl(diethylamin)acetate
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Your link merely goes to the front page for that site. I use that site occasionally for FTIR spectra searches, but it is a bit wonky sometimes.

Can you post an image of the spectra?