1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can you jump from a BS in Math, minor in Physics, to a MS in Physics?

1. Apr 11, 2010 #1
    I've taken enough math courses that it would actually be easier for me to get a BS in math, with a minor in physics, rather than a BS in physics and a minor in math (like I had thought I might like to do originally).

My question is, could I pursue a MS in physics in grad school if I go ahead and finish with a BS in Math with a physics minor in undergrad school?

Or alternatively, after my BS in math, could I get a MS in Math and then a PhD in physics?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2010 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  4. Apr 11, 2010 #3
    It looks like I should be able to do it then, since I'm just 1 semester and 2 courses away from having all the math requirements for a BS in math and I have half the BS physics requirements. I'll just have to study up on physics for a few months my senior year and I should be good.

Thanks for the link to the thread.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook