Can You Pursue a Career in Physics After a B-Tech in Engineering?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shade.23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
shade.23
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi
am a student of engineering really interested in physics.tried engineering but discovered that its not my cup of tea.I would like to take up physics again.And i was wondering if there was anyway i could pursue a career in physics after my B-tech.As in is it possible to have an integrated masters program majoring in both engineering and physics..or maybe a major in engineering with a minor in physics or anything like that?I finsh my B-tech in a year and would really like your suggestions.

help would be appreciated
thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Look for ZapperZ's "I have so and so degree, can I get into physics?" thread.

There are also a number of students having done BTech degrees and then gone on to do PhDs in physics in the states. Try contacting them via www.physicsgre.com - search for "BTech" (and similar keywords) before making a thread. I wasn't even looking for those threads and I saw 3-4. In that very website's "applicant profiles" thread, there is someone with a BTech in Civil Engineering who got into a few PhD programs in physics.
 
Thank you for the prompt reply.And really sorry i search the forums before.
Thanks again
 
No problem.

Here is the thread I mentioned. Look for the post by kammyuce.