Can You See a Wind Generator from 9000 Meters Away?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reservahoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hi
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
reservahoy
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Thank you very much in advance if you help me to resolve this problem. I am 3D designer and I must to defend that the object is visible from the beach but so small. sorry my english!
Please if you can contribute with formulas and solve the problem will be valued, because I would like to resolve by myself with differents parameters.

Problem:
I have an object of 80 meters of height and 5 meters of diameter.
This object is above the sea and 9000 meters far from the beach.
The object is like a wind generator white.

Questions:
1. its visible the object from the beach?
2. what height has the object from the beach?
3. what distance I need to see the object?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you for your answer. I tried to find information about perspective projection and I think that isn't that I looking for.

I need to explain the information like this:

the object seen to 9000 meters of distance has 3mm of height. Why? because the formula to calculate this results is x+y=z , where x is distance, y is height, etc, (this is a sample formulas and number are not real)