Can You Use the Current Divider Formula to Find I3 Directly?

  • Topic: Engineering 
  • Thread starter Thread starter john88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circuit Current
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
john88
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Hi I want someone to guide me through this by using current divider, where I want to find I3. Can I use the current divider formula directly or?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7952/picha1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
john88 said:
Hi I want someone to guide me through this by using current divider, where I want to find I3. Can I use the current divider formula directly or?

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7952/picha1.jpg

You must use the current divider twice.
First associate R2, R3 and R4 in a single resistor and calculate the current through the association, then use this current to calculate i3.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Mehrin Salim said:
somebody reply me='(...MEHRIN SALIM

CEL did reply to you. Show us your work as you apply CEL's advice.