Cannot pull up all the posts that I have made

In summary, to see all the posts that you have started, you can go to "My PF" then "Your content" on the top right of the page. On a smartphone, the "My PF" link may be missing, but you can access it through the advanced search function or by clicking on your name in a post and selecting "Find" to display all your posts. There may also be a missing link to an app on the smartphone version of PF, which can be reported as a bug to @Greg Bernhardt.
vcsharp2003
I am trying to see all the posts that I have started, but it seems there is no link anywhere that says My posts.

Could someone please let me know how I can pull up a list of all my posts? I need to do this because I want to make sure that I am not duplicating an older post.

Physics news on Phys.org
vcsharp2003 said:
I am trying to see all the posts that I have started, but it seems there is no link anywhere that says My posts.

Could someone please let me know how I can pull up a list of all my posts? I need to do this because I want to make sure that I am not duplicating an older post.
Go to "my PF' then 'Your content.' Should be there.

Likes vcsharp2003
pinball1970 said:
Go to "my PF' then 'Your content.' Should be there.
'My PF' is next to the envelope top right.

Likes vcsharp2003
pinball1970 said:
'My PF' is next to the envelope top right.
I am on my android smartphone and yes I see the bell icon next to the envelope icon in top right of the screen. But, when I click the bell icon it only pulls up the last few posts in last few days. I want to see all the posts that I started to avoid duplication.

vcsharp2003 said:
I am on my android smartphone and yes I see the bell icon next to the envelope icon in top right of the screen. But, when I click the bell icon it only pulls up the last few posts in last few days. I want to see all the posts that I started to avoid duplication.
It is not the bell icon it is 'my pf'
Can you get into 'your account?' It will have your avatar. It should be in there.
'postings'
I have to tilt my tablet to landscape in order to see 'my pf' btw. Otherwise it does not show on the top menu bar

Likes vcsharp2003
vcsharp2003 said:
I screengrabbed
So in-between 'INFO' and the envelope you get your account drop down.
'Your content' left hand column under 'News feed.'

Screenshot_2022-06-03-08-20-42.png

Likes vcsharp2003
Tilting your screen seems to be the key here.
Other ways to get there:
Click on your name in any post. A popup window with some stats will show up, similar to what you get from 'My PF'. Click on the number below 'messages'. All your posts will be shown.
If you want just the threads you have started - starting either in 'My PF', or in the same popup window as before - click on your name once more. A different screen will be shown, with more details about your profile. Clicking on the 'Find' drop-down button (below the numerical statistics) will let you choose between displaying all your posts ('content') and all your threads.

Likes vcsharp2003 and pinball1970
vcsharp2003 said:

You are right. It is simply missing on the phone version of PF. I consider it a bug and maybe @Greg Bernhardt can mention it for upcoming releases.

A workaround is to use the advanced search function (magnifier glass) and search for 'user=vcsharp2003' order by 'Date'.

• Informative
Likes pinball1970 and vcsharp2003
That toolbar on the PF page has fooled me many times. The problem is that items appear and disappear depending on zoom level. I used PF for several years and even became a mentor before learning about MEDIA and INFO items on the toolbar.

In some cases, the vanished choices automagically move from the toolbar to a drop-down menu depending on the zoom level. That makes it very difficult to understand why users have difficulty finding things.

Here are some screen captures. On a phone screen, it might be even more drastic.

1654258592607.png

1654258630997.png

1654258655470.png

1654258737481.png

vcsharp2003 said:
Follow these steps:

Step 1:
Screenshot_20220603-201911_Chrome.jpg

Step 2:

Screenshot_20220603-201921_Chrome.jpg

Likes mfb
fresh_42 said:
You are right. It is simply missing on the phone version of PF. I consider it a bug and maybe @Greg Bernhardt can mention it for upcoming releases.
In addition to the missing "My PF", there is also a link to the non-existent app (see second image in my post above) that needs to be removed.

Wrichik Basu said:
a link to the non-existent app (see second image in my post above) that needs to be removed.
How about now?

Greg Bernhardt said:
How about now?
There is no link to 'Your content' under 'MY PF' on the phone version since there is no 'MY PF' scroll-down menu. This isn't tragic because it could easily be added under the 'Menu' of the phone version. But it isn't. So the only way to find one's own posts is through the advanced search function.

Sorry, even that three-bar symbol disappears depending on the zoom level. Only the PF logo is invariant. Long live the logo. I also just discovered that portions of that top toolbar scroll horizontally.

1654270857052.png

fresh_42 said:
There is no link to 'Your content' under 'MY PF' on the phone version since there is no 'MY PF' scroll-down menu. This isn't tragic because it could easily be added under the 'Menu' of the phone version. But it isn't. So the only way to find one's own posts is through the advanced search function.
An alternative, until the issue is fixed, is to use "Request desktop site".

Wrichik Basu said:
Follow these steps:

Step 1:
Step 2:

I tried this suggestion after reading your reply, but it doesn't bring up the same results as My Content under PF. I get 12 pages of posts under My Content, but only 1 page using Your Threads from main menu.

In my view, My Posts functionality should be easy to run and clearly shown in the mobile app. The Your Threads option seems to be not the same as My Posts functionality.

vcsharp2003 said:
The Your Threads option seems to be not the same as My Posts functionality.
Yes. "Your Threads" shows all threads you started, while "My Posts" shows all posts that you ever made on PF, including those in threads started by you and others.

Likes vcsharp2003

Related to Cannot pull up all the posts that I have made

1. Why can't I pull up all the posts that I have made?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that the platform you are using has a limit on the number of posts that can be displayed at once. It's also possible that some of your posts have been archived or deleted, making them no longer accessible. Additionally, if you have a large number of posts, it may take some time for all of them to load.

2. Is there a way to filter my posts to make them easier to find?

Yes, many platforms have filters or search options that allow you to narrow down your posts by date, keyword, or other criteria. This can make it easier to find specific posts or a certain group of posts.

3. Can I access my deleted posts?

It depends on the platform you are using. Some platforms have a "trash" or "archive" folder where deleted posts are stored for a period of time before being permanently deleted. If your platform has this feature, you may be able to retrieve your deleted posts from there.

4. How can I make sure my posts are not accidentally deleted?

One way to prevent accidental deletion is to regularly back up your posts. This can usually be done through the platform's settings or by using a third-party backup tool. It's also a good idea to double check before deleting any posts, especially if they are important or have a lot of engagement.

5. Why are some of my posts not showing up when I search for them?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that the platform's search function is not working properly or is not able to index all of your posts. It's also possible that the posts you are searching for have been hidden or restricted by the platform's privacy settings. If you are still having trouble finding your posts, you may need to reach out to the platform's support team for assistance.