Using CANOPUS 9.0.1.1 auto astrometry to detect 19th magnitude asteroids

  • Thread starter Thread starter big man
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
big man
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Well I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section, but it seemed better than placing it in the Astronomy section because I am requiring some assistance.

I'm wondering if anybody has used the astrometry software CANOPUS version 9.0.1.1?

I've been looking all over for some information on how to use the "auto astrometry" function. It was apparently well labelled in an older edition, but the new version is difficult to know which function I use. I think I have found the function, but it would be really helpful to know what I need to set some of the parameters to in order to detect the faint 19th V magnitude asteroids.

If anyone has ever used it and has come across a good tutorial or wouldn't mind explaining some things to me I'd greatly appreciate it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't used it, but actually, I think you would have a better chance of finding somebody who has in the astronomy section.
 
haha yeah a probably a better chance there, but I wasn't sure if that was violating the PF rules.

I'll re-post this there anyway.

Thanks :)