Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can't post in Math and Science Learning Materials forum

1. Oct 30, 2011 #1
    I came on PF after about a month to ask a question in the Math and Science Learning Materials forum. However, it seems I'm not allowed to start a new topic in this forum (unlike in, say, the homework forum). Is there a reason for this-- only certain members can post, etc?
    Thanks!
    Amy

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2011 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Yeah, only Science Advisors and Homework Helpers and mentors can post there.
    If you want to post something there, then you need to pm a mentor...

But I'm sure your question would also be suited under academic guidance??

4. Oct 30, 2011 #3
    Aha! I see. Thank you :)
    I was going to ask about preparation for F=ma (I know it's been asked before, but my case is slightly unusual) and that doesn't seem to fit under academic guidance...or does it?

5. Oct 30, 2011 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Yes, the Learning Materials forums are intended as a sort of "reference library" with links to web sites, etc., not for asking questions.

If you have a general question about F=ma, you can ask it in the "Classical Physics" forum.

If you have a specific homework / coursework exercise that you want help in solving, go to "Homework and Coursework Questions" and use the "Introductory Physics" subforum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook