• Start date

Homework Statement

LVaWdkp.jpg

Homework Equations

V=Ed
Q = CV
W = 1/2 QV

The Attempt at a Solution

Hi. My instructor gave me this problem as a homework. Actually he didnt teach us this subject. So what should i know to solve this question or from where can i study to this subject? Of course it would be great if someone solve the problem but i dont want to take your time, just need the info of this subject to learn the subject and solve the problem. Thanks..

Answers and Replies

Check this out. Then come back if you have questions. Note that the dielectric does not fill the space between plates completely. This needs to be taken into account.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/dielec.html
Thanks for the answer. After i learned the subject, i solved the problem. Then i noticed my answer is the same with answer on the pdf. (check image) I think it is the same question by the way. Isn't it?

qD5g3A6.jpg

kGkJqpw.jpg

kuruman
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
I think it is the same question by the way. Isn't it?
Yes, it is the same. Note that the exact position of the dielectric does not affect the result as long as the dielectric surfaces are parallel to the plates.

Likes Atacan
Yes, it is the same. Note that the exact position of the dielectric does not affect the result as long as the dielectric surfaces are parallel to the plates.
Im not sure i understood you. so does it change the result at my problem? Or you just said me that as an info? Sorry for my eng. Thanks btw you helped me a lot.

kuruman
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Just a point of information in case you see this again. The answer does not change,

Likes Atacan
Just a point of information in case you see this again. The answer does not change,
Thank you so much kuruman!