1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Capacitance of the capacitor after inserting the dielectric

1. Apr 23, 2017 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    LVaWdkp.jpg

2. Relevant equations
    V=Ed
    Q = CV
    W = 1/2 QV
    3. The attempt at a solution
    Hi. My instructor gave me this problem as a homework. Actually he didnt teach us this subject. So what should i know to solve this question or from where can i study to this subject? Of course it would be great if someone solve the problem but i dont want to take your time, just need the info of this subject to learn the subject and solve the problem. Thanks..

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2017 #2

kuruman

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

4. Apr 25, 2017 #3
    Thanks for the answer. After i learned the subject, i solved the problem. Then i noticed my answer is the same with answer on the pdf. (check image) I think it is the same question by the way. Isn't it?

qD5g3A6.jpg
    kGkJqpw.jpg

5. Apr 25, 2017 #4

kuruman

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yes, it is the same. Note that the exact position of the dielectric does not affect the result as long as the dielectric surfaces are parallel to the plates.

6. Apr 25, 2017 #5
    Im not sure i understood you. so does it change the result at my problem? Or you just said me that as an info? Sorry for my eng. Thanks btw you helped me a lot.

7. Apr 25, 2017 #6

kuruman

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Just a point of information in case you see this again. The answer does not change,

8. Apr 26, 2017 #7
    Thank you so much kuruman!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted