Casio Algebra FX2.0 - How it's compared with HP 50g

In summary, the person is looking for a specific calculator, the HP 50g, but cannot find it in their country. They are considering the Casio brand as an alternative and are wondering if the Casio Algebra FX2.0 or the newer Casio FX-9860G model would be a better option. The conversation also mentions the Classpad 300, which is the most powerful but expensive Casio model, and the CFX-9950GB, which is an older but still good model. The person is also unsure about the availability of these models in their country.
magoood
Hi
In fact I want to buy HP 50g calculator but unfortunately, I can't find it in my country so I'm forced to wait for some chance to buy it from outside through someone (Most sites do not sell to my country Egypt) or look for an alternative from Casio which is a famous brand here. I'm not sure if the "Algebra FX2.0" is a better option or not. Any advices?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Never heard of the FX2.0 but I am familar with the new Casio FX-9860G model which is almost as nearly as good as the HP50G though. You can't go wrong with choosing Casio products, its a Japanese brand.

Hippo said:
Never heard of the FX2.0 but I am familar with the new Casio FX-9860G model which is almost as nearly as good as the HP50G though. You can't go wrong with choosing Casio products, its a Japanese brand.

Ok, I'll consider it but after searching it online on the Egyptian Casio's dealer, I did not find this specific model but another model called CFX-9950GB Plus. Is it more recent than the model you quoted or what?

magoood said:
Ok, I'll consider it but after searching it online on the Egyptian Casio's dealer, I did not find this specific model but another model called CFX-9950GB Plus. Is it more recent than the model you quoted or what?

You can read more about Casio Graphing Models here. Yes the 9860G are the latest brand, and is a whole lot better. It might be hard to find because it is still new in the market.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_graphic_calculators#9850_seriesClasspad 300 Info: The most powerful Casio model available but it cost a fortune.
http://edu.casio.com/products/classpad/cp_v302/index.html

FX-9860G Info: The 2nd best Casio model.
http://edu.casio.com/products/graphic/fx9860g/

CFX-9950GB Info: Older model but still good.
http://world.casio.com/edu/product/common/graphic/cfx98_9950gb_p.html

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How does the Casio Algebra FX2.0 compare to the HP 50g in terms of functionality?

The Casio Algebra FX2.0 and HP 50g are both powerful graphing calculators with advanced mathematical functions. They both have a large number of built-in functions, but the HP 50g offers a slightly larger variety of functions compared to the Casio Algebra FX2.0.

2. Which calculator has a better user interface, the Casio Algebra FX2.0 or the HP 50g?

The user interface for both calculators is similar, but the HP 50g has a larger screen and a more user-friendly menu system. However, the Casio Algebra FX2.0 has a simpler layout and is easier to use for beginners.

3. Is the Casio Algebra FX2.0 or the HP 50g better for graphing functions?

Both calculators have the ability to graph functions, but the HP 50g has a larger screen and can display more detailed graphs compared to the Casio Algebra FX2.0. However, the Casio Algebra FX2.0 has a faster processing speed which allows for quicker graphing.

4. Which calculator is more durable, the Casio Algebra FX2.0 or the HP 50g?

The HP 50g is known for its durability and can withstand rough handling, while the Casio Algebra FX2.0 is more delicate and may not hold up as well in harsh conditions. However, both calculators are made with high-quality materials and can withstand normal daily use.

5. Can the Casio Algebra FX2.0 and HP 50g perform the same types of calculations?

Both calculators are designed for complex mathematical calculations and can perform similar functions. However, the HP 50g has a larger memory capacity and can handle more complex calculations, making it better suited for advanced scientific and engineering work.