Celebrate with a Non-Birthday: Relaxing Bath, Beer, Chinese Food & More!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Beer Food
In summary: Basically, this custom ensures that girls will be beautiful, healthy and strong. Does it work?... I am not sure. I am from India, and here we have a really diverse set of people. This song is about one of the festivals celebrated in the southern state of Kerala (beautiful place). The festival is called the 'Thrissur Pooram'. Thrissur is a city in Kerala and Pooram is a special day (like Easter) in the Malayalam calendar. So now, the song is about an illiterate young man. This young man's wife is going to Thrissur to see this festival. He wants to go along with her. The refrain in the song is (rough
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have decided that today is going to be one of my non birthdays, today my bandages come off so i can have a long luxurious bath with lots of bubbles and smelly stuff, i am going to have some beer and eat Chinese food,
walk around in my shorts and watch a film of my chose, i may even smoke a cigar,
What a day i am going to have and i can have another non birthday whenever i want:biggrin:

Likes Tsu, Borek and Sophia
Physics news on Phys.org
:iseewhatyoudid:

Wait... what's with the bandages and all? Were you injured?

CrazyNinja said:
:iseewhatyoudid:

Wait... what's with the bandages and all? Were you injured?
I have just had my second hip replacement, so today i get to remove the compression socks and bandages:biggrin:

Congratulations...! May you live a long life, my friend! :partytime::partytime:

CrazyNinja said:
Congratulations...! May you live a long life, my friend! :partytime::partytime:

Thanks Crazy, i am enjoying my non birthday, bottoms up:biggrin::biggrin:

Likes Tsu and CrazyNinja
Here is a nice song to lift your mood up even more:

Just enjoy the beats. Don't fret if you don't understand it. If you want, I'll partially tell you what it means. Enjoy..!
PS: It is Malayalam.

CrazyNinja said:
Here is a nice song to lift your mood up even more:

Just enjoy the beats. Don't fret if you don't understand it. If you want, I'll partially tell you what it means. Enjoy..!
PS: It is Malayalam.

Please do tell me what it is about, i have heard music similar to this only guy was using this,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nose_flute:biggrin :

Last edited by a moderator:
wolram said:
I have just had my second hip replacement, so today i get to remove the compression socks and bandages:biggrin:

That is awesome! Happy non-birthday!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ-HDcSyH83bqrM-oL-cHjFOv08VI3CGxVuKocFqGmM31RoYle.jpg

Likes CrazyNinja
wolram said:
, i may even smoke a cigar,
are cigars really better than cigarettes? I smoke only occasionally (ok, it only took 4 attempts to spell this word correctly :cool: ) and I usually choose one of the better brands of cigarettes but I've never had a cigar.

Congratulations! You should have been living in pain before the surgery.

Sophia said:
are cigars really better than cigarettes? I smoke only occasionally (ok, it only took 4 attempts to spell this word correctly :cool: ) and I usually choose one of the better brands of cigarettes but I've never had a cigar.

IMHO cigars are smoother than cigarettes and they do not have so many contaminates.

wolram said:
IMHO cigars are smoother than cigarettes and they do not have so many contaminates.
maybe I will try one someday
anyway I hope you enjoy your special day :)

Happy non birthday! :smile:

852dbfa016197c39ea54bdf4fa799866.jpg

Likes CrazyNinja
Psinter said:
Happy non birthday! :smile:

852dbfa016197c39ea54bdf4fa799866.jpg

Aww that is so nice, thank you:biggrin:

Likes CrazyNinja and Psinter
wolram said:
Please do tell me what it is about, i have heard music similar to this only guy was using this,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nose_flute:biggrin :

OK. you will need a small backstory.
I am from India, and here we have a really diverse set of people. This song is about one of the festivals celebrated in the southern state of Kerala (beautiful place). The festival is called the 'Thrissur Pooram'. Thrissur is a city in Kerala and Pooram is a special day (like Easter) in the Malayalam calendar.

So now, the song is about an illiterate young man. This young man's wife is going to Thrissur to see this festival. He wants to go along with her. The refrain in the song is (rough translation... my Malayalam isn't that good nowadays) "Dear wife, I too will accompany you to watch the Thrissur Pooram". The rest of the song is him trying to convince her.

PS: I have no idea why she doesn't want to take him there.

Here are pics of the festival. Its famous for the elephants.

thrissur_pooram_5.jpg

thrissur-pooram-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes wolram, Psinter and Sophia
Wow Crazy Ninja that is awesome, the elephants look resplendent in there decoration and the crowds.

Likes CrazyNinja
CrazyNinja said:
Why don't you share pics of the awesome festivals in your places? @wolram @Psinter @Sophia @Silicon Waffle

This is the brutal abuse of women that we have to go through each year :cry::H:DD And after boys do this to us, we must give them something to eat and drink :woot:

Some men throw girls to rivers, some take them out of their beds early in the morning and give them cold shower.
It takes place on Easter Monday and has roots in pagan traditions. Water is a symbol of life and purity, willow whips are a symbol of health. Basically, this custom ensures that girls will be beautiful, healthy and strong.

Being a boy, I have no comments on this. :oldtongue::oldtongue:

As long as you are polite to the ladies, I guess it is alright. (Is it? OK now I am starting to place myself in their shoes and it doesn't seem too appalling! :doh:

Sophia said:
Basically, this custom ensures that girls will be beautiful, healthy and strong.

Does it work? :wink:

CrazyNinja said:
Does it work? :wink:
Sure, look at me! :biggrin:

Likes CrazyNinja and Tsu
Sophia said:
This is the brutal abuse of women that we have to go through each year :cry::H:DD And after boys do this to us, we must give them something to eat and drink :woot:

Some men throw girls to rivers, some take them out of their beds early in the morning and give them cold shower.
It takes place on Easter Monday and has roots in pagan traditions. Water is a symbol of life and purity, willow whips are a symbol of health. Basically, this custom ensures that girls will be beautiful, healthy and strong.

Sophia you mentioning willow whips reminded of this song I bet you are the best looking pagan in your area:biggrin:

Likes CrazyNinja and Sophia
Looks like roots of the ice bucket challenge.

Likes Sophia
I attended a lecture by Sir Colin Humphreys, who did some development work on artificial hips - particularly making non-metallic ones that didn't need to be replaced so often. He told us he wanted to take one of the prototypes to a conference and, as with all prototypes, it was very valuable so he put it in his hand luggage. And, he said, he immediately got stopped at security because artificial hips look like this and in silhouette on the scanner your first thought is "short, curved-bladed dagger", not "new type of experimental artificial hip".

On the return journey he thought that, since the thing was made of a non-metallic composite he'd duck the issue by putting it in his pocket (this was a long time pre-9/11, by the way). But the scanner arch beeped anyway, so he just sighed and said "it's OK - it's probably this artificial hip". He reached into his pocket, but it got tangled in his handkerchief and the top of the "blade" caught on the pocket hem - so it took a bit of twisting and yanking to get it out. And then he looked up into the ashen face of a security guard who said in a very shaky voice: "It's OK sir, you didn't need to take it out".

You can believe as much of that as you like, but it was a fun lecture.

Likes CrazyNinja
jedishrfu said:
Looks like roots of the ice bucket challenge.
Hahaha

What happened to people posting about fun festivals in neighborhood? :oops:

1. What is a "non-birthday" celebration?

A non-birthday celebration is a way to treat yourself or someone else to a special day without it being their actual birthday. It can be a fun way to break up the monotony of daily life and create new memories.

2. Can I still celebrate with a non-birthday if it's not a specific date?

Absolutely! Non-birthdays are not tied to a specific date, so you can choose any day that works for you. It can be a weekday or weekend, and it can be to celebrate any occasion or just because.

3. What are some ideas for a non-birthday celebration?

Some ideas for a non-birthday celebration could include taking a relaxing bath with candles and essential oils, enjoying a cold beer or other favorite drink, ordering in some delicious Chinese food, and doing something you love like watching a movie or reading a book.

4. Do I have to celebrate alone for a non-birthday?

No, you can celebrate with friends or family for a non-birthday as well! It can be a fun way to spend time with loved ones and create new memories together.

5. Can I celebrate with a non-birthday more than once a year?

Absolutely! There's no limit to how many times you can celebrate with a non-birthday. It's a great way to take a break and treat yourself throughout the year.