Cellulose from celery not digestible so it is stored in your body as cellulite?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wench381
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Body
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 8K views
wench381
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I heard that the indigestible cellulose from celery is stored in your body, especially hips/buttocks as cellulite? If so why is this not a widely known fact?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
wench381 said:
I heard that the indigestible cellulose from celery is stored in your body, especially hips/buttocks as cellulite? If so why is this not a widely known fact?
How could it get stored anywhere if it isn't digested?

I'm no expert but my understadning is that it is simply expelled.
 
"cellulite" and "cellulose" are completely different things. Cellulose is a polysaccharide, cellulite is a term given to how the skin changes in appearence due to the relationship between connective tissue and subcutaneous fatty deposits.