Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CFD General Notation System (CGNS)

1. Dec 5, 2007 #1

Staff: Mentor

CGNS has developed into a popular standard for the storage and exchange of CFD data in the aerospace community and is now an AIAA Recommended Practice. The use of this standard allows a compatible application or user to communicate CFD setup and information to or from other third-party CFD tools including mesh generators, solvers, and post-processors.

I'll be looking into this for more details.

The short course is offered during the 46th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit in Reno, Nevada, January 7 - 10, 2008.

"Effective Use of the CFD General Notation System (CGNS) for Commercial and Research Applications."
    Date: 5th – 6th Jan 2008.
    Instructors: Chris Rumsey, Thomas Hauser, Ken Alabi, Marc Poinot, and Bruce Wedan.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2007 #2

Science Advisor

I guess the plot3d format we've all been using isn't going to cut it anymore?

It's too bad my abstract was rejected at the last minute for that conference.
  4. Nov 4, 2010 #3

I am new to this forum. Since the discussion was about CGNS, I thought of making a relevant request .I am looking for a working sample C program that can read and write data from an unstructured grid file in CGNS Format. Can anyone help me out with problem please. Will really appreciate the help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?