Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Change overwrite cursor to insert TI-30x series

1. Mar 6, 2015 #1
    Currently on the TI 30x calculators, the 'cursor' is a block the hovers above numbers and will overwrite them if a new number is pressed. However, is it possible to change the cursor to a line that sits in between numbers so you can easily insert numbers?

I know this is possible on the TI 89 but is it possible on the TI 30x series (the 30X multiview and the 30x pro)?

Thankyou in advance for your help!

Paging @CalcNerd for help!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2015 #2
    I'm unsure of how exactly to change the cursor, but if you're using the TI-30XIIS you should be able to use the ins function to insert numbers. 2nd-->del should allow you to do this. First move the cursor over the character where you're trying to insert the number, then hit 2nd-->del and then you should be able to add as many characters as you need before the one you were hovering over.

4. Mar 8, 2015 #3
    Thanks for the reply @Barely Fannel!
    I do know that you can insert numbers via second->insert, but I am trying to find a way to change the cursor so I do not have to repeatedly click second->insert. Personally I believe an insert cursor is significantly more intuitive and easier to use than an overwrite cursor (hence why insert cursors are far more commonplace than overwrite cursors).
    Cheers!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook