Charge of a muon and anti-muon

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Crumbles
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Charge Mystery
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Crumbles
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
I'm trying to write a program that would process data from a particle physics experiment and I need to know what the charge of a muon/anti-muon is. It doesn't seem to be easy to find on the web. Does anyone here have a value for it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Crumbles said:
I'm trying to write a program that would process data from a particle physics experiment and I need to know what the charge of a muon/anti-muon is. It doesn't seem to be easy to find on the web. Does anyone here have a value for it?
Same as the electron
 
conversely, a charge of the anti-muon is +1. If I'm not wrong, every property of leptons (e,muon,tau), spin etc. are the same except for their masses.