Check my answers (questions on heart)

In summary: And for question 2, I did:In summary, hypertension is a persistent elevation in both arterial and venous pressure. A patient is diagnosed with hypertension when their systolic pressure is 140 mmHg and their diastolic is 90 mmHg. Hypertension is a major cause of cardiovascular disease and is increased by obesity, stress, and sodium and alcohol intake.
shadows122
Hi, I am having trouble filling these correctly!

1. After exercise the [a] pressure remains relatively unchanged while the (B) pressure increases. This is due to the increased cardiac [c] required during exercise. In some circumstances the [d] pressure may actually reduce slightly during exercise. This is caused by [e] of the small blood vessels.

No answers came with this question

my answers that I'm guessing:
a) diastolic
b) systolic
c) pressured) diastolic
e) widening

i think they're wrong..

2. Hypertension is referred to as a persistent [a] in both (b) and [c] pressure. A patient is diagnosed with hypertension when their systolic pressure is [d] mmHg and their diastolic is [e] mmHg. Hypertension is a major cause of [f] and is increased by [g], [h] and and [j] intake.

Answers: Cardiovascular disease; alcohol; systolic; exercise; obesity; arterial; elevation; venous; stress; diastolic; sodium; liquorice; reduction; liver failure; lung damage.

my answers I am guessing:
a) aerterial elevation
b)diastolic
c)systolic
d) 140
e) 90
f)cardiovascular disease
g) obesity
h)stress
i)odium
j)alcoholi only got 3/10 marks [PLAIN]http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/15.02/images/smilies/frown.png[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Did you write the first question correctly, I can't find "b" in the question.

As for first question

1. Initial stage during exercise cardiac out put increases due to increase heart rate
2. Then early stage of exercise this elevation of cardiac out put is maintained not by heart rate, but by increase in stroke volume
3. Then in late stage of exercise this elevation of cardiac output is again maintained byincrease in heart rate, but the reason here is as metabolites acculmulates (eg lactate) there is vasodiilation which results in reflex increase in heart rate

2nd question also you have left out some answers. so can't answer properly.

Thanks for replying, I've edited the original post.

sameeralord said:
Did you write the first question correctly, I can't find "b" in the question.

As for first question

1. Initial stage during exercise cardiac out put increases due to increase heart rate
2. Then early stage of exercise this elevation of cardiac out put is maintained not by heart rate, but by increase in stroke volume
3. Then in late stage of exercise this elevation of cardiac output is again maintained byincrease in heart rate, but the reason here is as metabolites acculmulates (eg lactate) there is vasodiilation which results in reflex increase in heart rate

2nd question also you have left out some answers. so can't answer properly.

Ok, so for question 1, I did:

After exercise the cardiac output pressure remains relatively unchanged while the stoke volume pressure increases. This is due to the increased cardiac output required during exercise. In some circumstances the stroke volume pressure may actually reduce slightly during exercise. This is caused by vasodilation or vasoconstriction (not sure which one) of the small blood vessels.

Last edited:

1. What is the function of the heart?

The heart is responsible for pumping oxygen-rich blood to the rest of the body and removing carbon dioxide and other waste products.

2. What are the four chambers of the heart?

The four chambers of the heart are the right atrium, left atrium, right ventricle, and left ventricle. The atria receive blood and the ventricles pump blood out of the heart.

3. How does blood flow through the heart?

Blood enters the heart through the superior and inferior vena cava into the right atrium. It then travels to the right ventricle and is pumped to the lungs to receive oxygen. The oxygenated blood returns to the heart through the pulmonary veins and enters the left atrium. From there, it is pumped to the rest of the body through the left ventricle.

4. What is the average heart rate for an adult?

The average heart rate for an adult is between 60-100 beats per minute. However, factors such as age, fitness level, and overall health can affect individual heart rates.

5. How can I keep my heart healthy?

To keep your heart healthy, you should maintain a balanced diet, exercise regularly, avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption, manage stress, and get enough sleep. It is also important to regularly monitor your blood pressure and cholesterol levels and consult with a doctor if you have any concerns.