1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Check my answers (questions on heart)

Tags:
  1. Nov 11, 2015 #1
    Hi, im having trouble filling these correctly!

1. After exercise the [a] pressure remains relatively unchanged while the (B) pressure increases. This is due to the increased cardiac [c] required during exercise. In some circumstances the [d] pressure may actually reduce slightly during exercise. This is caused by [e] of the small blood vessels.

No answers came with this question

my answers that i'm guessing:
    a) diastolic
    b) systolic
    c) pressured) diastolic
    e) widening

i think they're wrong..

2. Hypertension is referred to as a persistent [a] in both (b) and [c] pressure. A patient is diagnosed with hypertension when their systolic pressure is [d] mmHg and their diastolic is [e] mmHg. Hypertension is a major cause of [f] and is increased by [g], [h] and and [j] intake.

Answers: Cardiovascular disease; alcohol; systolic; exercise; obesity; arterial; elevation; venous; stress; diastolic; sodium; liquorice; reduction; liver failure; lung damage.

my answers im guessing:
    a) aerterial elevation
    b)diastolic
    c)systolic
    d) 140
    e) 90
    f)cardiovascular disease
    g) obesity
    h)stress
    i)odium
    j)alcohol

i only got 3/10 marks [PLAIN]http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/15.02/images/smilies/frown.png[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B] [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2015 #2
    Did you write the first question correctly, I can't find "b" in the question.

As for first question

1. Initial stage during exercise cardiac out put increases due to increase heart rate
    2. Then early stage of exercise this elevation of cardiac out put is maintained not by heart rate, but by increase in stroke volume
    3. Then in late stage of exercise this elevation of cardiac output is again maintained byincrease in heart rate, but the reason here is as metabolites acculmulates (eg lactate) there is vasodiilation which results in reflex increase in heart rate

2nd question also you have left out some answers. so can't answer properly.

4. Nov 11, 2015 #3
    Thanks for replying, I've edited the original post.

5. Nov 11, 2015 #4
    Ok, so for question 1, I did:

After exercise the cardiac output pressure remains relatively unchanged while the stoke volume pressure increases. This is due to the increased cardiac output required during exercise. In some circumstances the stroke volume pressure may actually reduce slightly during exercise. This is caused by vasodilation or vasoconstriction (not sure which one) of the small blood vessels.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted