wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
What do you do to cheer yourself up.
wolram said:What do you do to cheer yourself up.
Cryptonic said:Get drunk and watch some old Godzilla movies.
True! We have a potential Ansel Adams of the English countryside, and haven't seen any new pictures for a while...Borek said:Haven't you started a new career as a landscape photographer last year?
turbo-1 said:Have you considered adopting a shelter dog? I've been feeling pretty crappy all summer with weather-related illnesses (mold, mildew, humidity) and Duke has really cheered me up. He is always excited to see me, even if I have been gone for a ridiculously short time. When it's time for a walk, for his breakfast, etc, he's always happy and appreciative. Plus, I get outdoors more often so he can have exercise and relieve himself.
![]()
That's too bad, Woolie. Dogs are pretty good emotional "anchors" and they will give you extra attention when you're feeling a bit off.wolram said:Turbo, i would love another dog but the local farmer has a total ban on dogs on his land.
Duke looks happy.
wolram said:What do you do to cheer yourself up.
When my reactions to fragrances got severe, I was pretty much locked out of public places (even outdoors) and in bad weather, I was house-bound. I got a lot of relief by feeding birds, chipmunks, etc, and taking photographs. I sold off a fairly large collection of antique Winchester lever-action rifles and carbines, and used the proceeds to buy camera gear. That, too proved to be a good move, since the cameras get a lot of use, and they get me out of the house looking for birds, animals, plants, etc to capture.DaveC426913 said:When I went off my meds, I suffered a backlash of depression.
I found that going for a walk in the park helped. I would see everything anew and remind myself that life was actually pretty good. I appreciated the blue sky above, the leaves underfoot, the sounds of chirping birdies.
You've just discovered GraphJam?OmCheeto said:
DaveC426913 said:You've just discovered GraphJam?
Some it the stuff is truly precious isn't it? The earlier stuff from a year or two ago when it was still fresh, is priceless.