Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chihuahua adopts chick

1. Mar 15, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

[​IMG]

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1313593.html?menu=

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not so sure if the chick is going to appreciate this arrangement as much as the chihuahua does! :biggrin:

4. Mar 15, 2005 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

What will the chihuahua do when the chick grows up (hopefully) to be a chicken and is as big as the chihuahua?

Ivan you left out the best part. Liu Bangyang's comment, "We'll try our best to raise the little chicken, if that's what Huahua wants." :rolleyes:

Who knows what this chihuahua has in mind - chicken fajitas? :biggrin:

5. Mar 15, 2005 #4

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah! He's finally decided that Taco Bell is beneath his standards...he wants the real deal... :rofl:

:yuck:

6. Mar 15, 2005 #5

SOS2008

Gold Member

In accordance with imprinting, the chick will grow up thinking it is a dog, or should I say "chikuahua"? It will peck shoes, pee on the rug, and "quark" at the neighbors. :rofl:

7. Mar 15, 2005 #6

There's nothing wrong with taco bell. Multi-processed, imitation mexican food is just fine by me.

8. Mar 15, 2005 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wonder how many chicks they threw that dog before it caught one.

9. Mar 15, 2005 #8

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL...do you ever step out of "Skepticism and Debunking" mode?

10. Mar 15, 2005 #9
    maybe its just me.... or maybe its cause of all the sex threads in here... but i thought this was going to be about a little dog marking some girl as his territory....

11. Mar 15, 2005 #10
    I thought the exact same thing :biggrin:

I blame moonbear, she's the one who turns every thread into sex. :yuck:

12. Mar 15, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hey, I did no such thing in this thread! Gale did it this time! :tongue: Poor chick is going to be really confused when it grows up and learns dog anatomy and chicken anatomy don't work together. :eek:

13. Mar 15, 2005 #12
    Originally Posted by Ivan Seeking
    I wonder how many chicks they threw that dog before it caught one.

Well it wasnt that hard. My dog got it at the 345tth time. Mine was a Rottweiler tho.

14. Mar 15, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, they didn't have any problem getting the dog to catch chicks, it was getting the dog to not swallow them that was difficult. Notice that dog has that just-caught-red-handed guilty look? It's the same look they have when you walk in and they are on the sofa and shouldn't be, so jump down and try to look innocent. You know that dog was just about to have a snack when the owners walked in and grabbed a camera. It has the whole tail-between-the-legs, hunched-back look. I'm not believing for a moment that dog wasn't up to no good. :biggrin:

15. Mar 15, 2005 #14
    EWWWWWW. That reminds me of my cat.... we had like 5 cats and 2 dogs, and for whatever reason, one of my cats decided to even out the balance a bit. He hung out with the dogs all the time, and played with them as much as a cat could. One day our friends bring over their little puppy... and our cat just has at it.... poor guy, he didn't know better...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?