I have had quite a few friends go to graduate school at FSU, evidently it is very well funded and active with research opportunities.
Not sure how the undergraduate environment is, since the only person I know who went there for his bachelors was my brother in-law. He studied mechanical engineering, then went abroad for a masters in aerospace engineering. He's a chief design engineer now at some company in Tallahassee that designs audio connectors. Not at all related to aerospace engineering, but I guess he had no trouble switching over to a EE / sound engineering job after he got back to the states. For what it is worth, he's never had anything negative to say about his undergrad experience.
All of my friends who went FSU for grad school {physics(x2)/aerospace engineering(x1)/molecular biology/med school(x2)} never applied (to my knowledge) to any of UF's grad programs ... not sure if that means anything or is only coincidence ... and again, that's only talking about grad school not undergrad ... plus 6 people is a pretty small sample size plus an esoteric mix of specialties.
I remember one of my friends ended up going to UF for law school. Haven't talked to her in years though, I think it was one of her top choices due to the type of law she wanted to practice. Sorry that doesn't say much about their undergrad nor anything else really, just little to no experience knowing anybody who went to UF.