Classification of multipartite entanglement

In summary: U (tensor product) U |w>) then they are in a SLOCC state. It can be done by inverting the local operator U.
munirah
Good Morning.

I need some help according to how to classify the multipartite state.
from my reading, the classification according to Local Unitary (LU) and stochastic local operation and classical communication (SLOCC).

How the state can be classify from LU to SLOCC?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's not clear what you're asking.

Two quantum states distributed amongst multiple parties are equivalent under SLOCC if the parties can transform one state into the other, and vice versa, with negligible error, using local quantum operations but only classical communication.

Of course it can get quite complicated. Sometimes the conversion is not 1:1, like you might need two copies of A to make one B. Sometimes the conversion is only one-way, where you can make Bs from As but can't make As from Bs. And apparently sometimes an A can't be turned into a B unless you have a quantum catalyst state C which will be used during, but ultimately end up unaffected by, the conversion operation.

Likes munirah
Strilanc said:
It's not clear what you're asking.

Two quantum states distributed amongst multiple parties are equivalent under SLOCC if the parties can transform one state into the other, and vice versa, with negligible error, using local quantum operations but only classical communication.

Of course it can get quite complicated. Sometimes the conversion is not 1:1, like you might need two copies of A to make one B. Sometimes the conversion is only one-way, where you can make Bs from As but can't make As from Bs. And apparently sometimes an A can't be turned into a B unless you have a quantum catalyst state C which will be used during, but ultimately end up unaffected by, the conversion operation.
First of all thank you because respond to my question.

A.From your answered, what it means by
1.with negligible error
2. using local quantum operations but only classical communication.B.What I understand is, may you reconfirm me that what I understand is true or not?
1.LU is can be said subset to SLOCC. mean that SLOCC still used Unitary operator buat in positive probability.that mean some operation in LU cannot be done in SLOCC.
2. SLOCC used invertible local Operator (ILO) that transform A to B. ?
3. Both LU and SLOCC must monotone under local operations and classical communication (LOCC)?

C. Here , my question is,given a state,
|v>=1/2 ( |0>|w> + |1>U (tensor product) U |w>)
used LU with U is given in certain matrix.

Can I used SLOCC here to change LU to SLOCC?
And How it can be done?

thanks you

1. What is multipartite entanglement?

Multipartite entanglement is a type of quantum entanglement where multiple particles, usually three or more, are connected or "entangled" in a quantum state. This means that the properties of the particles are correlated and cannot be described independently of each other.

2. Why is classification of multipartite entanglement important?

The classification of multipartite entanglement is important because it allows us to understand different types of entanglement and how they can be used in various quantum information processing tasks. It also helps us to identify the resources needed for specific tasks and develop efficient algorithms for their manipulation.

3. What are the different types of multipartite entanglement?

There are several types of multipartite entanglement, including Greenberger-Horne-Zeilinger (GHZ) states, cluster states, and W states. These states have different properties and can be used for different applications, such as quantum communication, quantum computation, and quantum metrology.

4. How is multipartite entanglement classified?

Multipartite entanglement can be classified based on different criteria, such as the number of parties, the amount of entanglement, and the structure of the entangled states. For example, states can be classified as fully separable, fully entangled, or partially entangled, depending on the amount of entanglement present.

5. What are some applications of multipartite entanglement?

Multipartite entanglement has many potential applications in quantum information processing, such as quantum teleportation, quantum error correction, and quantum cryptography. It can also be used to study fundamental aspects of quantum mechanics, such as quantum correlations and non-locality.