Bug Cleared cookies in Firefox - now no text window for reply or post

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor
I cleared all cookies in Firefox 68.0. Now when I try to reply or create a thread using Firefox, I get no box to enter text. I do get the field to enter tags. Also, when I click on "Forums" while logged-in, I get no drop down menu.

I'm writing this using the Midori browser. All the above functions work in Midori.

Try any other browsers? Try clearing cache? When did this first happen?

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor
Try any other browsers? Try clearing cache? When did this first happen?
No, I don't have any other browsers currently installed (Fedora 29 machine).

The problem was fixed just now in Firefox by Edit->Preferences->Privacy&Security->Cookies and Site Data: Clear Data->Clear

The problem began this morning just after I did Site Data: Manage Data ->Remove All: Save Changes

Wrichik Basu

Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
I faced this today, say about 11 or 12 hours back. Lasted for maybe 30 mins, cannot say accurately. Tried from Chrome and Opera on Android, and got the same results.

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
This topic is confusing. Logging in to an account on a website and then clearing your browser cookies strikes me as a way to break your log-in. If you then want to post something on any topic in the website, logging-in again would seem necessary. I should obviously test this, but I just do not feel an urge to do it.

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor
If you then want to post something on any topic in the website, logging-in again would seem necessary.
In my case, shutting down the computer and logging-in again later in the day didn't cure the problem.

OCR

Logging in to an account on a website and then clearing your browser cookies strikes me as a way to break your log-in.

It most definitely will. . .

1567649219579.png

I'll do it right now. . .

1567649480124.png

OCR

1567649826531.png

Wrichik Basu

Insights Author
Gold Member
2018 Award
Logging in to an account on a website and then clearing your browser cookies strikes me as a way to break your log-in.
That is the normal behaviour - clear cookies and you're logged out. But I didn't clear the cookies, I just didn't have the reply box. It was just missing.